Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

What are my chances of getting into Princeton SCEA, Columbia or Stanford?

Replies to: What are my chances of getting into Princeton SCEA, Columbia or Stanford?

• biovballbiovball Registered User Posts: 779 Member
    Obviously you can never know, but I'd be surprised if you didn't get into at least one of HYPS. You've done some incredible things!
  • derivative22derivative22 Registered User Posts: 124 Junior Member
    Thank you so much!!!
  • shubhijainshubhijain Registered User Posts: 73 Junior Member
    Hi derivative22, I sort of agree with runningisfun however for Stanford (I'm not sure about other schools although I have heard the following does apply to other HYPS schools), they do not look at which major that you're applying for when deciding who to accept/reject. Instead, they look at the overall student and you are an outstanding individual with great EC's and grades/scores! Good luck! Chance back? http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/what-my-chances/1362630-chances-feedback-college-list.html
    Yeah...I know I haven't achieved that much in math and science but I really am passionate about engineering and I intend to try to convey that in essays! :)
    Chancing you right now!
  • iBelieveSoiBelieveSo Registered User Posts: 134 Junior Member
    this is kinda weird, but a girl from my school who is going to princeton next year was kind of like you. outstanding dancer (since she was young), and great grades. when I saw your stats it reminded me of her haha (your gpa, act are solid for example). I definitely wouldn't be surprised if you got into most of the schools you are aiming for, good luck!
  • ayerfairayerfair Registered User Posts: 23 New Member
    Sounds like you have an excellent application. I'd be interested to see how you do on your SAT 2s.

Princeton SCEA - medium reach
    Stanford - low reach
    Columbia - low reach
    Harvard - medium reach
    Yale - medium reach
    Cornell - level
    U Penn - level
    UC Berkeley - you'll get in
    UCLA - you'll get in
    Duke - you'll get in
    Northwestern - you'll get in

My mom went to Princeton and I have a friend going to Yale that didn't seem to have as many qualifications as you have! She was Latina though which helped her significantly I'm sure...

Chance me back?
    http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/what-my-chances/1364629-please-chance-me-ivy-leagues-scholars-programs.html
    thank you so much haha it's crazy to think that someone actually believes Princeton is only a "medium reach" for me! :)
  • Divy1234Divy1234 Registered User Posts: 707 Member
    The four in Chem won't hurt you. That was nit picking. Colleges barely look at APs for admission let alone hold a 4 against an applicant. You look very very good. A very competitive applicant for any school in the US.
    Thanks...and yeah, because the Common App only gives space for 8 scores, I won't even list that four in Chem. :)
    bumppppp?????
    bump??????
  • PrincetonPreppyPrincetonPreppy Registered User Posts: 79 Junior Member
    Wow, great scores and GPA. If your major is science-y (haha) then you might want to do a few more science EC's, like an internship in your chosen field of study. Your EC's are all great (congrats on winning all those dancing and MUN awards!) but don't seem to be too focused on science, so try to show your passion with science EC's! Otherwise, your chances are very high! Good luck! Who knows, maybe I'll see you there! :)
    Thanks Princeton Preppy! I'm interning at a cancer research lab and have done a lot of research there that I'm hoping will finally get published in October...do you think that would suffice?
    And haha how funny/amazing would it be if I actually got to meet you there? :)
    I think I came up with a final list of schools:
    Princeton SCEA
    Stanford
    Columbia
    Harvard
    University of Pennsylvania
    Duke
    Johns Hopkins
    UC Berkeley
    UCLA
    UCSD
    UCI
    University of Southern California
    Cal Poly SLO

Anyone have any input on this ? :)
  • magentaturtlemagentaturtle Registered User Posts: 1,138 Senior Member
    All I have to say is that I like the song Color of the Wind.
This discussion has been closed.