Hello everyone. :) I'm interested in applying to some Ivy League schools this fall, and I was hoping to be able to get some input on what my chances (if any!) are.
I'm hoping to apply to schools like UChicago, Dartmouth, Brown, Cornell, Columbia (!), and Princeton. I'm also applying to a lot of safeties.
I'm a Hispanic girl, from a single-parent household, and my family's income is less than 40,000. I attend an underserved public high school.
(Just some extra info that might make a difference: my sister (who lives with us) is severely mentally and physically disabled; I have to help my mom take care of her constantly, and my mom was diagnosed with breast cancer a couple of years ago, and underwent treatment for that for two years.)
Now to the good (?) stuff!
- 3.93 GPA, unweighted. (My school doesn't weigh GPA; it's been a 4.0 GPA since second semester Freshman year, because I totally screwed up 1st semester and got a 3.6 GPA)
- 2070 SAT score (I know... ewww...)
- 32 ACT (hoping to raise it in September)
- SAT Subject tests: 630 Bio E, 700 Math I, 690 USH (going to study for Math II and Lit over the summer, because my scores aren't too great)
- Taking AP Bio, AP Physics, AP Lit, AP Calc and AP French senior year. Took APUSH and AP Lang junior year. Took a whole bunch of Honors classes earlier years.
- I'm in the top 10% of my class
- Competitive figure skater of 10 years: Novice-level in both Freeskate and Moves in the Field
- I volunteer at my local hospital, currently at 250+ hours. Also volunteer monthly with children with disabilities.
- National Honor Society; secretary Junior year.
- Participant in Washington Aerospace Scholars (a NASA program)
- I'm currently taking Precalc down at my community college, because I was in Algebra II my junior year.
Those are the main ones; minor ones I'm forgetting.
- National Hispanic Recognition Program (I hope!)
- High School Honor Roll
- There might be a couple more that I can't think up of off of the top of my head.
Well, after listing all of this, I've concluded that I'm pretty much screwed. But I'd still appreciate your input greatly. :) Thank you so much, and I hope that you have a lovely day! :D