Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
We are excited to announce a new role on College Confidential: The Forum Champion! Read all about it and apply now.

So is it worth it?

KitchwaKitchwa Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
edited August 2012 in What Are My Chances?
So I've been working hard at school but never been academically talented. On naviance.com it says my weighted gpa is 91.66 but I'm falling 10 points shy of my favorite schools. I intend to get straight A's in the first term of my senior year (with 2 AP courses) or die trying. However, my question is would it be enough to raise my gpa by at least 8 points or should I just give up now, save my self the effort, and apply to a mediocre school with a major I hate?
Post edited by Kitchwa on

Replies to: So is it worth it?

• ArtsyGirl13ArtsyGirl13 Registered User Posts: 2,986 Senior Member
    I don't know what you mean by 10 points (I think you mean for example that you have an 88 and the school average is a 98), if you have that drastic of a grade gap it is not likely/unrealistic. Schools tend to not care much about senior year, you are expected to do well/the only time it matters is if you are doing poorly. Also assuming I understanding your grading scale no it will not be enough to raise it by 8 points.

I have no idea what school you are looking at but it might be best to attempt to transfer. I have no idea why the school you like less would result in you having a major you hate, but that part probably won't happen (schools tend to have similar majors). Take some time and find some schools that are a good fit, speaking from personal experience it is just a matter of touring colleges and finding what clicks with you.
This discussion has been closed.