Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

my chances at UT AUSTIN

ruchitdruchitd Registered User Posts: 11 New Member
edited February 2006 in What Are My Chances?
hey everybody!!

i have an nSAT score of 1880/2400 with a 12/12 in the essay....swimming champ at zonal level...great artist....science student..

wt r my chances at UT austin fr precomputer sciense?...i'm an international fulltime student fr fall2006
Post edited by ruchitd on

Replies to: my chances at UT AUSTIN

• VyseVyse Registered User Posts: 1,875 Senior Member
    you need to post more info.
  • ruchitdruchitd Registered User Posts: 11 New Member
    hey everybody!!

i have an nSAT score of 1880/2400 with a 12/12 in the essay....swimming champ at zonal level...great artist....science student..

wt r my chances at UT austin fr precomputer sciense?...i'm an international fulltime student fr fall2006

my essay r really gud....pleez tellme if i have a chance it's my dream school

my appln is also very well forrmatted
  • prealgebra12prealgebra12 Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    can't you see how people posted their threads?..
  • chocolateluvr88chocolateluvr88 Registered User Posts: 827 Member
    What we need to know:
    Breakdown of SATs
    Unweighted and weighted GPA
    Class rank
    How difficult your classes are
  • glucose101glucose101 Registered User Posts: 5,264 Senior Member
    I know this is a quick response, but it has numerous spelling errors.
  • CheapseatsCheapseats Registered User Posts: 932 Member
    Well if he doesn't feel like telling you his information i will jump in till he comes back. :)
    I have applied to all state schools mostly due to money. I have applied to michigan, Texas, Wisconsin, Penn State, and Maryland. I am a resident of maryland and will have my answer from them soon. I got my answer to my safty, Penn State, and I was accepted into there business program with the sapphire program.
    My high school was ranked in the top 25 high schools by US weekly or whatever that is that ranked high schools. I had a really bad freshman year. 3.14 unweighted. Over my sophomore and junior years I got a 3.58 unweighted and a 4.4 weighted. I have taken about 19 honor classes including 6 AP classes and i also took 5 classes in a community college but thats seperate. I am taking 2 of the classes right now but gots A's in the other ones. I got a 770 Math and 610 Verbal. I am out of state and i think that destroys my chances as they only have 4% out of state attending. I am also applying to their business school which I hear is a different story in terms of getting in to the rest of the university. I applied in January so that lowers my chances even more but people who are familiar with the UT system what do you think?
  • glucose101glucose101 Registered User Posts: 5,264 Senior Member
    I don't think your chances are too hot. Apply though, if you really want to attend UT though.
  • CheapseatsCheapseats Registered User Posts: 932 Member
    Thanks for the quick reply. anyone else have opinions on my other schools? I think if I get into maryland(i get an answer in like 8 days) i will end up going there due to the fact a lot of my family has gone there and it is much cheaper. If I get swept by the rest of my schools i guess i will end up at Penn State.
This discussion has been closed.