Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

What is my chance at Loyola and PC?

portugueseuser4portugueseuser4 Registered User Posts: 11 New Member
edited March 2013 in What Are My Chances?
*****If you have any input please reply i would really appreciate it, thanks!****
I've already applied to both these schools and am curious if anyone has input on my chances to Loyola University in maryland and Providence College in Rhode Island. I intend on majoring in bioloy

GPA UW: 3.1
GPA W: 3.4

SAT: 1790/2400
1170/1600

A.P. Classes: A.P Computer Science part 1 and 2
A.P. Statistics

Numerous Honors such as :
*Honors Biology,Honors Chemistry,Honors Advanced Biology,
*Honors History, Honors Physics,

E.C.'s :
* Varsity Soccer 2 years
*Varsity Lacrosse 2 years
*Varsity Ski team 4 years
*Elected to my class council
*Elected by dean of students to advisory board to school comittee
*Peer mentor to freshmen
*Computer Club, treasurer

Work experience: Heres where i have a lot of stuff i put down on my application. I worked ALOT in high school and i put it down on my application to, my summer going into my junior year i worked 55 to 65 hour work weeks. I work all year part time at a grocery store where i am a dairy/frozen food clerk. I have worked her for 2 years. During the summer while working my part time job at nights i work a 7 to 3 30 job as a maintence man at a school/church/rec center complex. I also work numerous hours as a FIFA certified grade 8 soccer referee.

Basically i am fully independent and have been all of high school, i highlighted this aspect of my application , but between the insane hours i work and 3 varsity sports my GPA isnt awfull. i'm a average kid i'm nothing special but not many 17 year olds work 60 hour work weeks in summer and 20 - 30 hour work weeks during the year and sitll manage to uphold decent grades.
Post edited by portugueseuser4 on

Replies to: What is my chance at Loyola and PC?

This discussion has been closed.