Introducing a New Expert Content Section: Careers
Worth trying for Harvard, Stanford, MIT?
I'm an international student, I'll be applying this fall. I haven't taken SAT yet, so I know you can't say much now but I just want to know if it's worth trying for these colleges. Because otherwise, I won't spend time studying for SAT, I'll study for national university exams of my country.
SAT, ACT: N/A
Rank: 1 / 93
Course: My school doesn't offer AP, IB etc. but our programme includes some university level courses.
ECs: Nothing much here but I can name a few:
- Playing the guitar for 6 years
- Shot a few short movies
- Developing Android apps
Next few may not worth anything, I'm not sure:
- Translating English movie,series subtitles to my language
- Blogging about computer science
And I'll found a computer science club this year and I'll give computer olimpiad lessons
And I'll found a LOL team this year
- I was invited and I attended to two selective university summer camps (one of them was in partnership with WaterlooU)
- Invited and attended national prep camps for computer olimpiads (summer & winter camps)
- I was in schools physics and chemistry olimpiad teams
- Qualified to national science fair region finals with 1st rank from my city (in computer sc.)
- 2nd place in national science fair region finals (in comp. sc.)
- 3rd place in game developing competiton
- Qualified to national computer olimpiad second stage with 1st rank in region
- Won a gold medal and qualified to third stage of natinal computer olimpiads
Thats all. Sorry for the long post. Thank you.