Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Chane me? My GPA isn't very high...

JaqueBearJaqueBear Registered User Posts: 23 New Member
I have a weighted GPA of 3.88 and an unweighted of 3.52.( I literary messed up on my sophomore year and ended up getting a 3.0...) but I studied hard on my junior year and got almost straight As so the transcript shows an upward trend?? And if they do look at senior year grade I believe it will also be a lot better... I took 4 APs and get two 5s, one 4 and one 3. My SAT 2 are 740 and 800. I tried hard on ACT but only got a 30...(will take it again rip.) For EC I am the president of biology club for one year; I played JV on tennis team and I ran with XC team during the summer. I am an active musician and engaged in several performance with band and orchestra. I took AP art and several of my arts were displayed in the local gallery. I want to apply top 50 colleges or even top 30. What is my chance? I've heard UC is pretty crazy about GPA, does it mean my chance is slim? Thank you!
My college list: all the UC (university of California), NYU, Boston University, Tufts University, Fordham, USC, Tulane and Pepperdine.

Replies to: Chane me? My GPA isn't very high...