I am a current HS senior in Northern Virginia, and i was wondering whether i have a shot at Dartmouth(My top choice by far).
GPA (Unweighted): 3.75
ACT: 34, 35 superscored (2 tests)
Sat Subject Scores: Math II: 800
Rank: Top 4% (Contradicts with my low uw GPA)
Senior Classes: Calc III, Linear Algebra, AP Economics, AP Comp Gov, Orgo/Bio Chemistry, PTE Class, Science Research
- part founder of Indian Cultutral Nonprofit organization at 8 years old, helped run it for 9 years, donated over $5000 dollars to local hospitals. Helped me be in touch with my culture and business practice.
- As part of my nonprofit, i also participate in Voice of Specially abled people, where we help disabled people in india
- President of Computer science committee: Tutor students, compete, and make apps using computer science.
- Worked on Developing an ios game app, now on App Store (game name is Arö, check it out)
- I teach java programming to students who want to take it but can't, I have 7 students
- Invest in Stocks outside of school, one experience i bought DCTH stock, which went up over 100 percent in a day. Wrote my Personal essay about this experience
- National CyberPatriot Competition - CyberSecurity competition, eliminate vulnerabilities on a computer. Certificate Winner - State Platinum competition twice, 14th and 18th place in Northeast Competition (top 12 go to Nationals)
- participated in a club where our school refurbished electronics and donated them.
Took STEM classes at George Mason University Junior and Senior Year
At GMU, I did University Research and Innovation Classes
- Developed a Water proof Life Jacket that heats up to prevent Hypothermia using resistance wiring.
- Junior Year Research: Researched and coded a bipedal leg implementation made from 3-D printed parts focused on cost efficiency
- Currently finishing an audio to text translating AR headset that will display translated text in field of vision
- Currently Researching and developing an Infrared HUD display for firefighters. It will display sensor data in a field and it it has access to thermal imaging to facilitate firefighting
- Hoping to qualify for ISEF 2018
Counselor's - Great
Calc II Teacher - Great
Intended Major: Mathematics or Economics