I am currently a junior at a very competitive public high school. I am a girl and I am of Southern Asian descent and my family is upper middle class. I've grown up in an upper middle-class neighborhood.
With all that background established, I just want to know what my chances are at Brown University if I ED. I fell in love with the place when I visited and I like the open curriculum and the study body is *amazing* and the city is lovely and ughhh. Needless to say, I would love to spend four years there.
So here is my breakdown, my grades and ecs. I am passionate about education and I think I show that effectively through my extracurriculars.
SAT, Haven't taken yet, but based off of practice tests I will have a low 1500
Geo Hnrs: C
LA 1: A
World His Hnrs: A
Bio Hnrs: A
Spanish 3: A
Adv Alg 2: A
LA 2 Hnrs: A
Chem Hnrs: B
Spanish 4 Hnrs: B
American His Hnrs: A
Unweighted GPA: 3.7
There aren't really any grades for Junior year yet so here are the courses I am taking. (NOTE: My high school won't let sophomores and freshman take APs unless they skip courses over the summer, which costs thousands of dollars that I do not have)
AP Micro (I plan on self studying Macro with this, for some reason my school does not offer a combined course)
Spanish Culture Honors
- I taught English to underprivileged students in India for 3 weeks this summer; I got my own classroom and everything! It was super neat. I also helped 30 of the students in the school get glasses and necessary eye care by testing all 125 students in the college upstairs and grade school students and even funded for it out of pocket, I have also fundraised about $200 for the school since coming back
- I volunteer at a local animal shelter and senior home for those with dementia (approx 100hours)
- I am a TA for my freshman Bio teacher so I get pretty hands on teaching experience with freshman
- I am a peer leader for freshman group
- member of interact club
- I have been in the school's fall drama for 3 years (supporting roles)
- I have had leads in freshman-sophomore one acts for 2 years and I plan on directing shows for the next part
- Officer for International Thespian Society
- Assistant director to a show that brings awareness about gun violence in schools (I am in the process of trying to perform it at other schools besides our own in the state to spread the message)
Water poloooooooooo, I am a lefty and I'm kinda okay, but not amazing
I also worked as a life guard during the summer
I attended a STEM Education Program at a local college for 2 weeks
I was a principal award recipient for volunteer work right before my freshman year
I am worried that my grades and extra curriculars are not enough. There are some very amazing and talented students who go to Brown and other schools on that level and some even apply and not get in. I just wanted some answers from you guys, and tell me where I am lacking.