Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

chance me for engineering @ upenn, columbia, cornell, yale, duke, gtech,

collegeready33collegeready33 Registered User Posts: 268 Junior Member
edited November 29 in What Are My Chances?
Hi! I'm a junior in highschool and I was wondering what my chances were for my reaches and also if you can recommend me any matches and safeties I would appreciate that, because I don't know of many right now.
I am interested in either going into either Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Biomedical Engineering

UW GPA: 3.96
ACT: 33 (taking it again to hopefully get 34+)
I haven't taken any subject tests but plan to take Bio and Math 2 in the spring
Most rigorous courseload available at my school

Extracurriculars:
Classical Piano: 12 years
STEM Club: (11-12) I started a club at my school where we have fundraisers to help children in underserved communities have access to STEM programs. We also go to underserved schools and run activities with the kids
Diversity Council: (10-12) Help promote diversity at my school, I lead assemblies and travel to conferences
STEM Website: (9-12) I run a website geared towards women in STEM that also has a blog attached to it.
Internship at a Law Firm (9-12): I help with marketing for the firm
Speech and Debate (7-10): I have over 20 awards in Debate and have advanced to the regionals
Varsity Tennis (10-12)
Community Service:
Volunteer as a teacher's assistant at a youth program (7-12)

Race: URM female (black)
I'm lucky to not be too worried about financials for college.

I would really appreciate if you could chance me for the schools in the title, and reverse chance me for matches and safeties that I could also apply to. Thank you!

Replies to: chance me for engineering @ upenn, columbia, cornell, yale, duke, gtech,