Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

What are my chances UG, UF, FSU, UCF, WSU

JailaJaila Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
edited April 13 in What Are My Chances?
So I live in Florida
I’m a junior
UW GPA of 3.0
W GPA of 3.5
SAT score was 1100
but I’m talking it again in June
I’ve been on the swim team and soccer team for basically 4 years and I’m pretty sure I’m going to be captain of the swim team next year.
I have a totally of 120 volunteer hours
I’m talking 4 AP classes right now.

I’m just asking because I’m kinda scared of not getting into college and I don’t want to be a hobo on the street!!

Replies to: What are my chances UG, UF, FSU, UCF, WSU

• iwantcollegeplziwantcollegeplz Registered User Posts: 101 Junior Member
    Your SAT and GPA are below average for all of these schools
    Your SAT is below the 25th percentile for UG, UF. FSU, UCF.
    You have a really low chance for UG, UF, FSU

Ithink you will get into college lah, just apply to a wide variety of colleges where your SAT/GPA is above average, or at least close to average
  • HapworthHapworth Registered User Posts: 474 Member
    Will you be recruited for swimming? Probably not, right? You could try UCF and USF, though both schools have become much more competitive in recent years. Still, you're from FL, have some nice ECs, so why not try? UGA and UF will be entirely out of reach. But that's okay!

Reach: FSU (this would be a real reach, but if your final semester JR grades will be great, you never know!)
    Matches: UCF, USF (figure 50/50)
    Safeties: FIU, FAU, UNF
  • funfitfunfit Registered User Posts: 14 New Member
    Florida is so competitive now. Check out Florida Gulf Coast. Or university of west Florida. You have a good shot there. Also try to bring up the SAT so u qualify for bright futures. Community college for two years would be a great idea