right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
College Confidential stands united with African American students and their families against racial injustice and in pursuit of higher education and equality in America.
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: Zai Dawodu overcame a low GPA to get into top schools like Northwestern or NYU. She'll be attending Northwestern to study Computer Science. ASK HER ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our June Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Do I have a chance at top-tier selective colleges?

runklirunkli 3 replies3 threads New Member
edited May 2019 in What Are My Chances?
GPA: 3.95
SAT: 1570
I play piano for 8+ years. I'm in debate team and jazz team. I'm a good team member but not much of leadership roles. Do I have a chance at any of the top-tier colleges including ivies and alikes such as Stanford, Duke etc?
edited May 2019
2 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Do I have a chance at top-tier selective colleges?

• happy1happy1 23830 replies2384 threads Super Moderator
    edited May 2019
    With acceptance rates generally under 10%, the chances for anyone at those schools is small. Your grades and standardized test scores are high but I don't see any standout/leadership type activity that would set you apart from the many other very well qualified applicants.

Be sure to create a well rounded list that includes reach, match and safety schools that appear affordable (run Net Price Calculators) and that you would be excited to attend.
    edited May 2019
    · Reply · Share
  • TheSATTeacherTheSATTeacher 236 replies0 threads Junior Member
    A top 25 school or selective LAC is doable. Try to do something interesting with your summer to make your app standout more. Also, make sure to write really good essays that show off who you are.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity