Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

UCLA Chances

hello9976hello9976 Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
Hi all,
I am in my sophomore year, and have only 1 B till now, and taking 2 APs this year (stats and psych), 3 next year (junior year: Lang, APUSH, Comp Sci), and 4 or 5 senior year (Calc BC, Physics, Chem, Art History, MAYBE Spanish) . I have a 1550 SAT.

I'm also doing an internship with a software company this summer and am going to do a part time programming job over 11th and 12th grade (junior developer; only on weekends and some hours on weekdays). I also have a microsoft certification for programming in HTML, CSS, and Javascript. I've been coding since 8th grade and know some languages by now (JS, C#, SQL, CSS, HTML, JQuery, and some other libraries).

I am volunteering at this afterschool academy thing where we help teachers teach/manage little kids (about 60 hours for that by the end of this year). I can do that over the summer too (I don't NEED to do it over the school year).

I'm also going to be in cabinet for an Animal Rights club at my school for next year, but haven't done much for the club this year (I just got the position cuz no one else applied). I

Lastly, I am going to be teaching elementary kids how to code at my local elementary school for about an hour or 2 a week for the next 2 years (not this year). I did get permission for that :) Idk if it counts for hours though.

So what do y'all think my chances for getting into UCLA are? I'm also planning on taking 3 SAT Subject tests (Math Level 2, Chem, Physics). And maybe self study for AP Calc AB next year if I get some time.

Thanks!!

Replies to: UCLA Chances