right arrow
PARENTS4PARENTS is a new initiative aimed at highlighting the vast expertise of our parents community while helping other parents better navigate the college admissions process. aggies1989 is a UC alumnus and parent of two UC college kids. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: fintech3753 is a current student at the Wharton School. Majoring in finance, he is hoping to pursue a career at the intersection of finance and technology. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our August Checklist for HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

chance me please

nvrgonnaGo2ColgenvrgonnaGo2Colge 11 replies4 threads Junior Member
Hello people of Earth (unless you are an alien hiding in Area 51)
I am a female who will be a senior in high school next year and I want to major in Comp Sci in college. Let me write my stats
ACT: 34
Sat math: 790 :( SAT Physics: 700 (im retaking)
AP tests: 5 on stats, calc bc, physics 1, human geo, and csA. 4 on lang
I'm on varsity swim and dance team at my school, and i'm one of the captains on the dance team. I coach and lifeguard and that adds up to about 20 hours a week, and I also give a bunch of private swim lessons. I'm trash at writing essays, but hopefully teacher recs can make up for it.
I want to apply to the following:
Cal Poly SLO, Harvey Mudd, UW, Santa Clara University, San Jose State University, Colorado school of mines, UCLA, Pomona, Tufts, Stevents institute of technology
plz let me know where i stand...also not a big fan of this new format for the website...
4 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: chance me please

• nvrgonnaGo2ColgenvrgonnaGo2Colge 11 replies4 threads Junior Member
    Also my Unweighted is 3.98 and weighted is 4.45. im in math club and web design club, and i LOVE baking macarons (it's not important but i love it)
    · Reply · Share
  • GumbymomGumbymom Forum Champion UC 30733 replies445 threads Forum Champion
    edited July 2019
    For the UC’s and CSU’s calculate your UC GPA unweighted, capped weighted and Fully weighted. For SLO, recalculate using 9-11th grades. Post your results. UCLA does not accept LOR’s. Any coding experience? HS course rigor? https://rogerhub.com/gpa-calculator-uc/

You have no safety schools. Are you a CA resident?
    edited July 2019
    · Reply · Share
  • nvrgonnaGo2ColgenvrgonnaGo2Colge 11 replies4 threads Junior Member
    I have learned python in intro to cs, and learned java in apcs. I'm currently in an online class learning C and C++. I'm also hoping to start a programming project to combine a few of the different languages i know. As for rigor, I took 3 honors my freshman year, 2 honors and 2 aps my sophomore year, 4 aps my junior year, and this year I'm taking 4 aps (ap physics c, ap lit, ap gov, ap econ) and 3 honors classes (French 4 honors, Advanced data analysis, and dance 3 honors). I almost maxed out on all the math classes - i have 1 left bc I couldn't fit it into my schedule :(
    I'm a CA resident
    · Reply · Share
  • supernovacoachsupernovacoach 103 replies2 threads Junior Member
    I think your chances are okay to decent at most of the places you mention. Do you have a strategy to approaching the essay yet?
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity