right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Can Someone chance me For NC State, UNC Asheville, APP State, ECU, UC Santa Cruz

Kimberlysn63604Kimberlysn63604 1 replies1 postsRegistered User New Member
Hello I am extremely stressed about college and college admissions. Could somebody chance me for these schools. The only school I am extremely worried about is NC State mainly because my SAT scores are to low ( I'm a big dummy). I'm mostly looking to apply to these colleges for studio art, however I would like to go to NC State for textiles. Sorry for any spelling or grammar errors it is late.
4.0 unweighted / 4.42 weighted (Mostly honors and duel enrollment though. Only AP Lang and AP LIT)
SAT: 1110 (Gross I know)
ACT: 23 (Gross I know)
-Four years in National Art Honors Society (Vice President Junior Year, President Senior Year.)
-Attended The North Carolina Governors School for Visual Art.
-Collaborated with my local arts council to help create a summer program that offers affordable quality art classes for high school students who can't afford classes.
-Founding member of Students For Justice a human trafficking awareness club at my school (Secretary my sophomore year, Vice President Junior Year, President Senior Year.)
- Selected to create art for Beyond The Diagnosis a traveling art exhibit that focuses on children with rare disease. Past shows at the Broad Institute or the National Institute of Health for example. I also suffer from a rare disease.
-Board member of our schools chapter of The International Thespian Society.
-Board member of our schools chapter of The Gender Sexuality Alliance.
-Three years of Bears Ensemble Theater (Helping with makeup. costumes, acting, and advertising.)
-Employed at a local candy store
-Long time volunteer and collaborator with True Justice International a human trafficking awareness non-profit. (I donate art to this non-profit as well.)
4 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Can Someone chance me For NC State, UNC Asheville, APP State, ECU, UC Santa Cruz

• ucbalumnusucbalumnus 77125 replies671 postsRegistered User Senior Member
    Can you and your family afford the list price of UCSC, since there is no need-based financial aid for non-California residents there?
    · Reply · Share
  • GumbymomGumbymom 27417 replies142 postsForum Champion UC Forum Champion
    edited August 14
    UC GPA’s: https://rogerhub.com/gpa-calculator-uc/

GPA looks competitive. Test scores are below the 25th percentile.
    If you can pay $260K for a Undergrad degree at UCSC they would probably love to have you. Any chance you are retaking either test?

GPA and test scores of middle 25%-75% students
    High School GPA 3.76 - 4.16
    ACT Composite Score 24 - 30
    ACT English Language Arts 25 - 32
    SAT Evidence Based Reading & Writing 590 - 690
    SAT Mathematics 610 - 760
    SAT Essay 14 - 17
    edited August 14
    · Reply · Share
  • Kimberlysn63604Kimberlysn63604 1 replies1 postsRegistered User New Member
    Yes I want to retake my SAT
    · Reply · Share
  • MWolfMWolf 1283 replies8 postsRegistered User Senior Member
    Another direction is to look at colleges which are SAT/ACT optional. In any case, perhaps you should redo your ACT rather than your SAT, since you did somewhat better on it.

PS. I looked at the NC State College of Textile's website, and it's About Us page has a godawful pun in the first sentence under the title "Student Success First. Always."
    · Reply · Share