right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
College Confidential stands united with African American students and their families against racial injustice and in pursuit of higher education and equality in America.
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: Zai Dawodu overcame a low GPA to get into top schools like Northwestern or NYU. She'll be attending Northwestern to study Computer Science. ASK HER ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our June Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Nationally ranked chess player and ISEF candidate! Chance me!

chessophaguschessophagus 22 replies3 threads Junior Member
Background: Pakistani male, Muslim (does this work in my favor?)
GPA: 95%, highest rigor. Top public school, sends multiple students to ivys every year.
SAT: 1530
Subject tests: 720 Bio M, 760 math 2 (I know they're low)
EC:
Chess: Nationally ranked, many accomplishments
Research: Completed a research internship with the Cleveland Clinic at Case Western. Selected as a Candidate for ISEF but it's canceled so RIP
Clinical research on mental health treatments: nothing very impressive about research. Minor pub.
Volunteer: created chess program at a senior home, volunteered in a program helping immigrant children settle in Canada, peer math tutor.
Others: HOSA, entrepreneurship club, basketball (have played AAU internationally in the U.S. for a Nike sponsored team but not recruited, stopped playing), debate club, spelling bee (4th in chapter), sneaker reselling (have made 5k).
Essays: WTR said they're amazing
LOR:
Counselor: generic
English: will be amazing, I am the best student she has had
Chem: great but I don't think it will be glowing
PI for cancer research: will be glowing
Chance me for ivys + stanford for bio!
6 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Nationally ranked chess player and ISEF candidate! Chance me!