right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
College Confidential stands united with African American students and their families against racial injustice and in pursuit of higher education and equality in America.
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: Zai Dawodu overcame a low GPA to get into top schools like Northwestern or NYU. She'll be attending Northwestern to study Computer Science. ASK HER ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our June Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Chance me for Notre Dame, William & Mary, University of Michigan, and Wellesley

historygeek1346historygeek1346 4 replies3 threads New Member
I am a white female from a small town in Pennsylvania. I am a junior in a public school.

STATS
GPA: 3.97 unweighted, 4.34 weighted
Class Rank: tied for 1st place in a class of 87 students as of sophomore year.
SAT I: 1470 (770 Verbal/700 Math)
SAT II: US History 710, World History 710 (predicted), Literature 750 (predicted)
AP: 5s (predicted) in Literature, Language, and US Government, 3s in US History and Statistics

EXTRACURRICULARS
-Varsity Soccer for 3 years, made playoffs in a competitive section for 3 years. 2 years of section titles. Co-captain for 1 year. My school is A1 for soccer.
-Junior Varsity Academic League captain and highest scorer for 2 years.
-Varsity Academic League captain and highest scorer for 1 year.
-Hometown HighQ captain and highest scorer. Membership is restricted to juniors and seniors. Members must try out and get Advanced in all 3 Keystone Exams.
-Cup Soccer for 2 years, competed at the regional level both years. No leadership position-our team doesn't have any captains. Won several tournaments. Lost 1 game in our season. Our current season has been cut short due to COVID-19.
-Future Business Leaders of America member for 3 years. Qualified for states for 3 years. Secretary of our School Chapter for 1 year.
-National Business Honor Society candidate. Members were supposed to be announced at the State Convention this year, which was canceled due to COVID-19.
-Pennsylvania Junior Academy of Science. Qualified for states, did not attend.
-National Honor Society member. Got in as a junior. My school only allows applications in junior or senior year, and restricts leadership roles to seniors.

OTHER ACADEMICS
-Tested out of 2 history classes. I am the only student in the past decade to do so.
-Took AP US History as a sophomore. My school only offers it to juniors and seniors.
-Took French I in 8th grade. My school only offers it in high school.
-I will graduate with French I-V and Spanish I-IV, or 9 language credits, 3 college French credits and 2 college Spanish credits.
- Johns Hopkins Center for Talented Youth (CTY) member.
-Early US Law & Politics through CTY freshman year, received a good review (they don't give a formal grade) from the professor and the TA.
-International Relations through CTY sophomore year, received a good review (again, no grades) from the professor and the TA. Both offered to write me a letter of recommendation for college.
- Arabic Language, Basic, Part I through CTY junior year. Received a final grade of 97.5 (A+)

I plan to try out for Wellesley's soccer team. They are a moderately good D3 team.
I have been attending Wellesley information sessions and webinars for the past 8 months, as they track demonstrated interest. I will also attend optional interviews at Wellesley and William & Mary.
0 replies
· Reply · Share