right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: Rohan is a freshman at Dartmouth (and loves it) having gotten in ED for the Class of 2023. He's here to debunk myths regarding admissions and student life at his school. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our May Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Chance me for Cornell CALS

collegegirl7878collegegirl7878 0 replies2 threads New Member
edited April 2 in What Are My Chances?
I want to do communications and Cornell's CALS has the exact program I'm looking for! I know you can't fully predict if I'd get in, but an idea as to whether my stats can even get me through the door would be great!

-Full IB Diploma candidate (4 HLs + 2 SLs) plus AP gov
-White female
-by end of the year: 3.93 UW and 4.61 W gpa (4 b's junior year - 2 in IB HL Physics (teacher for it is writing me a great rec about my work effort and perseverance), 1 in honors precalc, 1 in IB HL history)
-1500 sat

extracurriculars
-heading comms/marketing for regional social action summit
-2 terms of board (head of programming and head of communications), writer/editor for our online newspaper multiple years, programming and support chair - for youth group chapter of 100 girls
-Year in social entrepreneurship fellowship where me and a partner are developing an elementary after school club curriculum to teach girls speaking skills and increase their class participation (hope to have in schools next year)
-Have ran successful online clothing-resale business since 9th grade
- In dance company since 7th grade
-attending UPenn's Leadership in the Business World program this summer (15% acceptance, so I know my teacher rec and essays must have been good)
-will also have a marketing/comms internship next year

If I apply ED I would have legacy, but not sure how much that actually helps. Also, I've talked to CALS admissions people who say they look for major-fit and I can definitely show I'd fit well with the comms program in an essay)
edited April 2
0 replies
· Reply · Share