right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: Rohan is a freshman at Dartmouth (and loves it) having gotten in ED for the Class of 2023. He's here to debunk myths regarding admissions and student life at his school. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our May Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Chance me? Future class of 2025

CarashoreCarashore 2 replies1 threads New Member
Hi! I was wondering if someone could chance me for some schools. I'm a junior right now and would be entering in fall 2025. I want to go into STEM, probably math. The schools I am considering are Bryn Mawr, Northeastern, Wellesley, Boston University, Georgetown, Fordham, and Barnard plus a few others.

My stats:
-SAT: 1510 ERW: 730 Math: 780
-GPA: UW: 4.0 W: 4.57
-Class Rank (Public High School): 2 out of 485
-AP classes: I took AP Euro sophomore year (which was the first time in my school that I could take an AP class at my school outside of electives) and got a 4.
-I am currently taking APUSH, AP lang, and AP physics
-Senior Year I am planning on taking Calc BC, AP Lit, Ap Spanish Lang, AP comp sci, AP Gov, and Ap environmental
-I have taken classes at my local community college during the summer. I took Principles of Biology and Anatomy (after freshman and sophomore years, respectfully). This summer, if all goes to plan, I want to take Psychology online and Stats.

ECS: (these I believe to be pretty mediocre)
-Basketball (varsity starting sophomore year) with this I got CIF 1st team all academic, also with this is community service in our fundraisers and working tournaments in the snack bar, clock, and stats (my favorite and general job)
-Academic Decathlon (bronze medal x4 + top individual score for my school)
-National Honors Society (Treasurer)
-Math tutor
-volunteer for my local hospital (180+ hours)
-Freshman Leader (run orientation + guiding freshmen throughout the year)
-Run a math-oriented blog
-Confirmed Catholic

Recommendation Letters:
-I am planning on getting one from either my current math teacher (whom I also had freshman year) that I have a good relationship with and knows me well) or my AP Physics teacher (I don't have as good relationship with this teacher as much as my math, but I building it up now as I am one of the few students who attend the current zoom sessions. This is the class I definitely struggle more with and have to work harder in. I am also one of 2 girls in this class.)
-I am planning on getting my second from my sophomore English teacher whom my counselor says writes the best recommendation letters. I have a pretty good relationship with this teacher, and he really gets to know each of his students really well.
-As for my counselor rec, I know she'll write a good one for me because I am very present and she really wants each of her students to succeed.

Other Facts:
-Not a legacy to any off the schools listed, but both my parents went to college
-White middle-class female
-from California

Thank you so much!!
7 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Chance me? Future class of 2025

• izrk02izrk02 Forum Champion American U. 1005 replies46 threads Forum Champion
    Match: Bryn Mawr, NEU, Wellesley, BU, Barnard
    Safety: Fordham

You might want to try adding more reach schools to your list. Maybe an ivy or two?
    · Reply · Share
  • CarashoreCarashore 2 replies1 threads New Member
    Thanks for responding!! Yeah I actually have some more reach schools on my list, but they seem so far out there that they didn't seem worth mentioning. Anyways, thanks for the suggestion.
    · Reply · Share
  • Bill MarshBill Marsh 485 replies5 threads Member
    Georgetown - 25%
    Northeastern - 29%
    Barnard - 30%
    Wellesley - 36%
    Bryan Mawr - 45%
    BU - 52%
    Fordham - 70%
    · Reply · Share
  • penguin2penguin2 204 replies5 threads Junior Member
    Confirmed Catholic is not an EC, by the way, other than maybe for Notre Dame if you were applying
    · Reply · Share
  • AnotherORMDadAnotherORMDad 17 replies0 threads Junior Member
    U have a good chance at Northeastern which gives good scholarship and has a co-op program that is always helpful
    · Reply · Share
  • CarashoreCarashore 2 replies1 threads New Member
    Thanks!!
    Yes, looking back at it now I should at least put Catholic under other facts. I've never really looked into Notre Dame but will look into it now!
    That's good! I really like Northeastern because of all the opportunities it has.
    · Reply · Share
  • vc1288vc1288 20 replies2 threads Junior Member
    I'm a HS senior and have similar stats to yours. My ECs and recommendation letters were also decent. I also applied to Fordham & Northeastern and was accepted. I got a $14k/yr Dean's Scholarship from NEU and a pretty hefty amount of money from Fordham, including a $25k/yr scholarship.

Good chance at Northeastern, BU, Fordham (which should be a safety for you). I can't speak for the other schools, since I'm not well informed on them & don't wanna spread misinformation. But focus on writing good essays (personal statement & supplementals) and continue to do well in school. Hope this helped even in the slightest & good luck!
    · Reply · Share