Hey guys, I absolutely love WashU and I'm planning on applying early decision there. Let me know what you think my chances are of being accepted
- 4.40 Weighted GPA
- 33 ACT
- 6 APs (my school doesn't offer many APs).
- National Merit Semifinalist
- Dance: ballet, modern, jazz; 8-12 hours per week; rehearses for recitals, Nutcracker production, competitions in the spring, community events; have been a teaching assistant before; have been dancing since I was 3
- Internship: offered paid research internship this summer and to the present at the Donald Danforth Plant Science Center after volunteering there for a year, work 6 hours per week, code qualitative data about science education on the undergraduate level, helping to write manuscript that will be published within a year about the impacts of informal high school research experiences
- Social justice club: president, student leader last year, have been involved since freshman year, manages the website, organizes and leads club events/activities such as making posters, going to art exhibits, attending social justice conferences, etc.
- National Honor Society: committee leader, tutored student in statistics last year, currently tutoring student in precalculus, have completed 40 hours of service by volunteering at school events and tutoring, involved since sophomore year
- Missouri Scholars Academy: nominated for and selected to attend Missouri's Governor's School the summer before junior year, took college-level classes about sociology and racial justice in Missouri, 3 weeks
- Sea Education Association Expedition: selected to attend 2-week program where I learned to sail on a research vessel and conduct basic marine biology lab procedures
Also, both my parents attended WashU, but I'm not sure if WashU considers legacy status.