Hello! I'm a senior. My first choice is UPenn, but I will probably be applying RD to UPenn due to my financial situation. I had quite a few breakdowns mostly because I'm rather worried about not getting in. I do have safeties and other schools on my list, but UPenn is my first choice by far. I am out of state.
Asian female - senior interested in medicine
GPA - 4.54 (weighted)
SAT - 1600, 740 (USH), taking Chem in Oct
AP's - US History (5), Env Science (4), Chem (5), Calc BC (5), Stats (5), Comp Sci (4), Gov (5), Bio, Psych, Latin, Lit
Dual Enrollment classes - microbiology and research
- president of a medical club
- volunteering at hospital for 150+ hours
- shadowing doctor every now and then (not anymore due to COVID-19)
- interning at a lab for 8 hours a day for 4 weeks
- latin club
- Model UN (2 loacl level awards)
- summer medical internship this summer (cancelled due to COVID-19)
Honor Societies - NHS, NEHS, Latin Honor Society, Science Honor Society, MAT
I'm pretty sure my recommendations will be great (one of them asked me if they can write one).
I have been working on my essay (almost done) and I'm pretty proud of it.
Please chance me! I understand UPenn is a reach for basically everyone, but I was wondering if I do indeed have a relatively "good" chance at UPenn.