right arrow
Informational Message Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.   Visit our COVID-19 resource page.

Introducing Kai!
Your College Confidential guide bot.

Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Chat with Kai
here, 24/7!

or Skip Forever

Finding the right college for your unique situation can be challenging. Hear from other students who shared their admissions story. Download our FREE Student Voices - vol. 1, Student Voices - vol. 2, Student Voices - vol. 3, and Student Voices - vol. 4 eBooks NOW!
In an exclusive AMA for College Confidential, Gaelle Pierre-Louis, a former college admissions officer, reveals surprising insights on the elite college application process. ASK HER ANYTHING!
PARENTS4PARENTS: With the deadlines for ED/EA coming up shortly, thumper1 and happymomof1 will be answering questions and sharing their tips on how to build your college list. ASK THEM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our October Checklist for HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.

Chance me for CS major - 2021 Fall

NJcollege2021NJcollege2021 17 replies10 threads Junior Member
Currently Senior OOS ( Male)
GPA 3.6 weighted ( schools doesn’t use ranking and unweighted )
SAT 1330 ERW 610 , Maths 710
No ACT
Got my centers cancelled few times finally got 1 time to take SAT

3 AP’s and 3 Honors
Junior year : AP Economics , Honors Physics , Honors US History
Senior year taking now : AP Comp Sci , AP Bio and
Honors Calculus

EC’s
4 years FTC robotics programming lead in Java ,
Black belt Taekwondo 10 years
Movie making short films and Singing passion last 7 years
Good amount of community service
Fund raising activities
Town green team and plastic ban campaign for 2 years
John Hopkins , Steve’s programing classes last couple of years and hackthons awards

What are my chances for Computer science / Computer Engineering or any recommendations
Planning to apply Soon EA , plz advice ?

Stevens Institute Tech
UMD college park ( Cs and applied math)?
NJIT
Rutgers
Drexel
UMass Amherest
UMass Lowell
Penn State Main
Purdue , UIUC , UPitt , RPI, UTDallas
UNC Charlotte ?

please advice can I get into good computer science or Engineering colleges. I am flexible to try other majors

whats my chances Reach / Target and safeties list
2 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Chance me for CS major - 2021 Fall

• ucbalumnusucbalumnus 84998 replies758 threads Senior Member
    Currently Senior OOS ( Male)
    GPA 3.6 weighted ( schools doesn’t use ranking and unweighted )

No one outside your school knows what your school's weighting system is. You can recalculate an unweighted GPA yourself to help others help you better.

Otherwise, people may assume that a 3.6 weighted GPA came from a 2.6 unweighted GPA, which likely makes your college list all reaches.
    · Reply · Share
  • NJcollege2021NJcollege2021 17 replies10 threads Junior Member
    My guidance said it’s 3.6/4 weighted which they using forever and school is ranked high in NJ
    · Reply · Share