Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Chances at some CSUs

Reppintha415dimeReppintha415dime - Posts: 106 Junior Member
edited March 2007 in What Are My Chances?
I'm a junior, I have a 2.6 GPA, so its a bit low, but I still have 2 more semester to bring it up around a 2.8. I go to one of the top catholic schools in San Francisco. My PSAt was pretty high at a 198. I'll be taking both the ACT and SAT.

So, I got kind of screwed with classes in my frosh year so my classes are a bit weak i guess.

Heres my senior class schedule:

English 4 (4th Year)
History (3rd Year)
Spanish 3 (3rd Year)
Algebra 2 (3rd Year) Took Algebra in 8th grade and recieved a C+, then B-, then got forced into Intro ALG in 9nth, whatever.
Physiology

I decided to take physio since I am into that and am a certified personal trainer at a gym. So what are my chances of I get an ACT score at around 25 and SAT at around 2000?

I'll be applying to:

SDSU
Chico
ASU
LBSU
SFSU
USF
Sac ST

Then possibly some UCs like Riverside, I'd like to apply to Santa Cruz and Santa Barbara but I don't think I've got enough to get in.
Post edited by Reppintha415dime on

Replies to: Chances at some CSUs

• pmcharkinspmcharkins Registered User Posts: 460 Member
    if your SAT is 2000, thats wayyyyy better than a 25 on the ACT...and im pretty sure you are required to have above a 3.0 for CSU's to consider you, so you better work hard this semester

I dont really know enough about the schools to chance you though
  • Reppintha415dimeReppintha415dime - Posts: 106 Junior Member
    No, I believe its a 2.5 for CSU and Uc's.
    I just checked the UC website, the minimum requirement is 3.0

http://www.universityofcalifornia.edu/admissions/undergrad_adm/paths_to_adm/freshman/scholarship_reqs.html

And I checked CSU's, you only need a 2.0 I guess, but still, you defnitely want to have a GPA above 3.0, especially for SDSU
  • hopeful01hopeful01 Registered User Posts: 15 New Member
    CSU's you need at least a 18 on the ACT or 820 (out of 1600 I think) on the SAT for consideration. For the UC's you need at least a 3.0 (And I think that is at the time that you apply)
  • BeatchickBeatchick Registered User Posts: 827 Member
    You should be able to get into Chico. My friend had a 2.8 and not great SAT scores and got in there and some of the other Cal. States. Keep up the grades -- if you get a 3.0 your in no matter what your SAT or ACT is for most of the Cal. States.
    you will almost certainly get into SFSU its really easy
  • CalcruzerCalcruzer Registered User Posts: 4,832 Senior Member
    With a high SAT score, (like anything at 1800 or above):

SDSU--reach
    Chico--match
    ASU--slight reach
    LBSU--match
    SFSU--safe match to match
    USF--match to slight reach
    Sac ST--match

With a 2000 on the SAT, I would expect you to be accepted at all of these schools.

You should also consider Sonoma State or Fullerton State--Sonoma in particular is a really good school.

P.S. I went to CSULB even though I was also accepted to Brown, then I went on to UCLA to get my MBA, so just work hard and you'll be very successful in life--and don't let the slightly lower 2.5 GPA bother you. (Even Steven Spielberg went to CSULB when he was rejected from USC and UCLA--and I think he's done quite nicely).

Good luck.
  • ucchrisucchris Registered User Posts: 1,138 Senior Member
    csulb is not a match when chico is also.... csulb much more difficult to gain admission to than chico.
    Ya but with a good SAT score I could get into either, with above an 1800 score Chico could possibly be a match slight safety. Also, I want to major in some type of business, will that hurt my chances if i apply to somewhere like San Diego State? Also, for the reaches and matches. Whats the percen that I'll get in, are matches just somewhere over 50%?
    Allright, I think I'll be applying to Oregon U also. They hve some Warsaw sports MBA thing? I'll have to look into it.
  • flopsyflopsy Registered User Posts: 8,368 Senior Member
    Reppintha415dime:

UCSB: Super Reach
    UCSC/UCR: Reach
This discussion has been closed.