Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Harvard Legacy

2»

Replies to: Harvard Legacy

• eugeniaeugenia Registered User Posts: 229 Junior Member
    it depends on how good your stats are.
    my friend's family donated $3 million to princeton, but she almost failed high school so she didn't get in.
    another friend's family had 2 parents graduate from Stanford & they donated only about $50k -- she was a better student though, and she got in.

so, yes - alum father will help, but a lot of alumni donate big numbers, and only having those big numbers will be bad.

maybe if you gave us your stats we could be more specific?
  • mochamavenmochamaven Registered User Posts: 878 Member
    At colleges like Harvard legacy doesn't really double chances...more like 15% chance of getting in as opposed to 9 or 10%. Definitely better, but far from a guarantee, lolll.
  • beaston105beaston105 Registered User Posts: 246 Junior Member
    I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that Harvard's legacy acceptance rate is 40%. I may be wrong though..
  • colegecolege Registered User Posts: 203 Junior Member
    I'm confused what do you mean one of two football players to graduate? Almost all football players graduate, because none of them are leaving early to go to the NFL. And he would not be one of two to go to the nfl because there have been more than two(but not much more than that) and I don't even think that would really help if he was that good of a football player.
  • croutoncrouton Registered User Posts: 1,345 Senior Member
    OP - what are your stats? perhaps we could better help you figure where you stand if you give us those
  • BIGTWIXBIGTWIX Registered User Posts: 2,440 Senior Member
    i hate it when people post topics
    and never reply when its their own topic
  • eva10127eva10127 Registered User Posts: 542 Member
    why don't u just apply college within your potential? You didn't write out your stats...
2»
This discussion has been closed.