Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

How can everyone do so much?

2»

Replies to: How can everyone do so much?

• HUCKITHUCKIT Registered User Posts: 87 Junior Member
    time never became an issue for me until i started high school. to answer your question, most people have time to do all these ECs and activities because they're efficient. they dont slack off. freshman yhear i remember i used to do my hw for 1 hour and then have a 1 hour break. rele bad idea. didnt have time for anything. work rele consumes alotta time.
  • Doogie311Doogie311 Registered User Posts: 1,723 Senior Member
    ya funny story...i have like 2000 hours of community service with EMS and shadowing doctors and everything...so as you can imagine im pretty mcuh always on an ambulance or in the hospital. But I went out with this girl last year who broke up with me because she said she was too busy.

You have no idea how mad that made me ahahaha. Psh all she did was play field hockey. She didnt even take as many classes as I did.
  • Gorbachev_SezGorbachev_Sez Registered User Posts: 560 Member
    Do I give off the impression that I'm a slacker?
    Because I'm actually not.
    why does it matter what these people think about you anyway?

And if it does, im not gettin that impression.
    I'm incredibly insecure. Why else would I hang out at this board?
  • fwfgirl08fwfgirl08 Registered User Posts: 66 Junior Member
    haha:
    GOing to private school
    PUblic school reaked didnt do very well...
    Im still apart of this get together have fun w/ Down syndrome kids at m public school so that will be my HOurs of Volunteering its like i would have done it from end of 9th grade 2 12th grade not including summers so 9th grade month of may.. September-MAy Sophmore year -senior year...its really fun we get to hang out w/ these kids who r really cool if u get to know them! I already asked they said i can still do it b/c most of the things we do r out of school!
    ECS: big newspaper person write in it...Probably aiming for somethig Jun./Sen. Year...
    Acting: been acting since 5th grade...love it...hmm..old member of drama club....and goes to performing arts camp every summer for the last 3 years w/ some kids who have been on broadway...my latest show(I just left sunday my last show was saturday night) Les Mis at fwf was video taped by music theatre International for the PRomo VIDEO...(thinking of double majoring ACTING/Journalism so that helps supposably when it went around we were being filmed by MTI people were like so and wat they got was IT LOOKS good on ur applications/resumes to college)
    SPOrts: Basketball: 10-12th grade(Im okay at it but yah everyone does sports at my new school and im like i would b left out not playing a sport!)

Grades: AVerage..
    Planning on taking Sat 2s this year even tho there not at my school..i will try to get them.. 600s maybe?
    Science this year biology sat 2s...i might have to take it over again ne way b/c my new school is crazy there a year bhind!
    see there IT was long but split up!
    I'm really confused now.....was that relevant?
    ahaha im as lost as u ahaha whered that come from!?!
  • JoethemoleJoethemole - Posts: 954 Member
    jeee gorbachev, you know, alot of thoes people with "18 000 things" don't have 2340 SAT scores like you do...
  • kenneth2005kenneth2005 Registered User Posts: 620 Member
    i'm so ordinary...
    Regrettably, my only real talent is taking standardized tests.
2»
This discussion has been closed.