right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Current sophomore, any questions??

13»

Replies to: Current sophomore, any questions??

• beablue11beablue11 6 replies0 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 6 New Member
    I am applying ED II to Whitman but when I notice that "Financial aid money is only available for students applying to begin at Whitman for the fall semester using the Regular Decision process. First-year and Early Decision international applicants are only allowed to apply early or for the spring term if they are not applying for financial aid."
    Does that mean I will receive no aid applying ED since I am an international student? Could you pls help me out I am kinda confused now :(
    · Reply · Share
  • sunmachinesunmachine 725 replies99 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 824 Member
    Not sure what that means. I suggest that you contact the admissions officer who works with international applicants.
    · Reply · Share
  • rhg3rdrhg3rd 941 replies6 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 947 Member
    It's poorly written.

"Financial aid money is only available for students applying to begin at Whitman for the fall semester using the Regular Decision process. "

Further: "international applicants are only allowed to apply early" ... "if they are NOT (emphasis added) applying for financial aid"

This means that Whitman ED is only for full-paying students. If beablue11 needs aid, he should not apply ED because FA decisions are made only during the RD process. Further he will appear misinformed or stupid if he submits an EDII application and seeks FA . Apply RD.
    · Reply · Share
  • sunmachinesunmachine 725 replies99 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 824 Member
    ^^^ It does look like ED is not available for internationals applying for FA. Just to clarify, though, Whitman ED IS available for non-internationals who need FA: Early Decision- Whitman College
    · Reply · Share
  • oompaloompa64oompaloompa64 137 replies6 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 143 Junior Member
    Very impressed with Whitman. We took our son (HS junior) to visit the campus a few weeks ago. The professors were accesibile. Same for the staff. Enthusiastic alumni. There's a sense of a community among the students. Hope he applies there next year.
    · Reply · Share
    Hi oompa,

Delighted to hear your son is considering Whitman. S2 is a first year, and has found it to be an exceptionally welcoming place, with challenging classes and inspiring professors. Being from Seattle, you no doubt have many good sources of info about Whitman, but even so, feel free to PM me if you have any questions.
    · Reply · Share
  • oompaloompa64oompaloompa64 137 replies6 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 143 Junior Member
    Thank you, Sunmachine. I am familiar with you from other posts; think you have another child that either is or graduated from Carleton. I value your informative posts, and may PM you as we get closer to his application date, etc.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity