right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Any chance of getting off the waitlist?

worldforgettingworldforgetting 19 replies3 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 22 New Member
edited April 2013 in Whitman College
I was waitlisted and have been doing everything I can to get off the waitlist.
I have mailed in a personal letter stating my interest in Whitman and what I think I could contribute as a student there, along with an additonal sample of my writing. I have also sent in my senior year grades (all A's in 2 AP classes, 1 honors, and 1 college course), and an additional teacher rec.
Does anyone have any additional advice for what I could do?
Do I have a chance of getting off the waitlist?
Also, if I am moved off the waitlist, when will I be notified?
edited April 2013
1 replies
Post edited by worldforgetting on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Any chance of getting off the waitlist?

• SwintergreenSwintergreen 11 replies3 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 14 New Member
    Hi, worldforgetting. I'd say you certainly have a chance at getting off the waitlist-- Whitman accepts applicants who choose not to attend because of its location, size, etc. I'd be careful with the additional information, as I imagine too much could be very annoying to admissions officers. You've done what you can, so wait, consider offers from other schools, and hope for the best.

My brother was waitlisted at UW (University of Washington), which receives a ton of applicants. He was accepted two months later without doing anything extra.

Good luck!
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity