Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Whitman ED/ RD 2021

13»

Replies to: Whitman ED/ RD 2021

• lr4550lr4550 Registered User Posts: 961 Member
    @tscca123 she'll definitely consider it. Whitman is among her few top choices so far (after 15+ school visits) and she's hoping fall revisits will bring further clarity. Do you mind sharing where else your daughter applied and/or what schools are high on her list to attend so far?
  • Sooz815Sooz815 Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
    @tscca123, I'm so sorry to hear of the nylon bag story. While I love WC (current parent of 1 and maybe another Whittie), they need to rethink intentionally sending prominently branded swag out to 17/18 year old kids who may not be admitted. A pencil is one thing, but a backpack/bag you are wearing? How about a Amazon gift card as a reward for early apps? I assure you, that is not the Whitman way in any other area that I've encountered. Kindness and empathy are the norm on campus.
    We had a similar experience a few years ago with a prominent school who later rejected my kid. We may or may not have ceremonially destroyed said marketing material in our patio's fire pit. But I caution you not to try that with nylon.... Best wishes for this really hard time as a parent.
  • Benny365Benny365 Registered User Posts: 38 Junior Member
    Do accepted international students receive any mail from the school?
  • jackpetrosjackpetros Registered User Posts: 9 New Member
  • stressfeststressfest Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    Waitlisted and was a little disappointed at the time.

SAT 1: 1400 (new) & 2010 (old)
    6 APs: 11th grade - Micro, Bio, Stats all 5s & 12th grade - English, World History, Calc AB
    GPA (weighted): 3.97 out of a possible 4.3
    GPA (unweighted): my school doesn't reveal it
    ECs: softball and basketball Varsity since 10th grade, 100+ hours of community service, co-president of Leo Club, Prom committee co-chair, NHS since 10th grade, Art for All since 9th grade summer (big community service camp w/ opening ceremony at the UN), Student Council member since 9th grade, Link Crew member since 12th grade (mentor program w/ freshmen), helped out in marketing department at my school
    Awards: World Peace contest 11th place (9th grade), second-best in French 4 (10th grade), best in AP micro (11th grade)

FYI, I'm also an international student looking for A LOT of aid so maybe that contributed to the decision somehow?
  • CollegeStudentIntCollegeStudentInt Registered User Posts: 11 New Member
    Are there any waitlist students here? Please reply if they've contacted you.
This discussion has been closed.