right arrow
Informational Message Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.   Visit our COVID-19 resource page.

Introducing Kai!
Your College Confidential guide bot.

Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Chat with Kai
here, 24/7!

or Skip Forever

A new forum experience awaits you this November! We can't wait to share it with you soon. Want to see how it looks before the big move? Experience the new CC Forums now and let us know your thoughts!

Art History Major?

EmpathSilvioEmpathSilvio 68 replies16 threads Junior Member
edited November 2011 in Williams College
I wanted to know, is it common? I was really considering majoring in it, and taking Biochem as a concentration. Can you get the subjects you need for med school with this maneuver?
edited November 2011
6 replies
Post edited by EmpathSilvio on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Art History Major?

• marvin100marvin100 8568 replies1249 threads Senior Member
    It's definitely possible. And AH is one of the most popular and best-regarded departments at Williams. Maybe the best anywhere.
    · Reply · Share
  • momrathmomrath 6046 replies39 threads Senior Member
    As marvin says, double majoring is quite common at Williams, even in two disparate areas like art history and the sciences. Williams has one of the best art history departments in the country and within Williams it's one of the most popular majors. Williams also has excellent medical school counseling so that you'll be sure to be prepared.
    · Reply · Share
  • EmpathSilvioEmpathSilvio 68 replies16 threads Junior Member
    Thank you guys. I might be pushing it, but do you know if it is popular among internationals? And is there some kind of graduate study relating to it? I mean, if I don't get a chance to go for medicine, I would love to do something relating to it.
    · Reply · Share
  • marvin100marvin100 8568 replies1249 threads Senior Member
    Williams actually has a *tiny* grad program in AH, but it's one of the best anywhere. Williams alums run dozens of the world's top museums.

A good friend of mine just finished his MA in AH at Williams, btw. He loved it.
    · Reply · Share
  • EmpathSilvioEmpathSilvio 68 replies16 threads Junior Member
    O Marvin please make it less enviable. I am convinced I will major in it. I really really hope I get in. I have put it as my first preference.
    · Reply · Share
  • OvercoreOvercore 136 replies11 threads Junior Member
    The largest contemporary art museum in the U.S. is >15 min from Williams (not quite art history, but at least it's art), and the next town over holds many art galleries that cycle new material regularly. The Clark Museum is also nearby. I don't know much about the art history department, but for the middle of nowhere, the Northern Berkshires sure have a lot of art to offer.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity