right arrow
Informational Message Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.   Visit our COVID-19 resource page.

Introducing Kai!
Your College Confidential guide bot.

Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Chat with Kai
here, 24/7!

or Skip Forever

A new forum experience awaits you this November! We can't wait to share it with you soon. Want to see how it looks before the big move? Experience the new CC Forums now and let us know your thoughts!

Is there a chance in hell that I can get in?

magazettemagazette 50 replies14 threads Junior Member
edited November 2011 in Williams College
WGPA: 4.14
UGPA: 3.8
WGPA (10-12): 4.35
Strong upward trend, I maintained a 5.0 in 7 AP classes last year. Got a lot of B's freshman year.
My school does not rank

SAT: Reading 730 Writing 750 Math 750 (2230)
SAT II: Lit 710, USH 770
AP: 5s on Psych, Lang, US History, Art History, World History, and Studio Art. A 4 on AP Euro
Extra Curriculars: I'm in an elite art program at my school, I hold a leadership position in it (on the ECEB- like an ASB- for two years and am the student president of the Art department.) My conservatory meets 3 times a week, for two hours. It's a very rigorous program unique to my school. I had two internships throughout high school and a job at a crepe restaurant. I took an econ class, and aced it, at UCSD last summer.

Submitting an arts supplement- I think my portfolio is strong. I won best in class at the county fair, and two silver keys in the scholastic art and writing competition.

My letters of rec, I think, would be very good- I was very close with both of the teachers who wrote them.
I am a good essay writer.

Major: Art History or Economics
White Male
From California (if it helps)
I go to the top public school in San Diego County, and as far as test scores go, we're within I think the top 10 or 20 in the state.

-Thank you!
edited November 2011
2 replies
Post edited by magazette on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Is there a chance in hell that I can get in?

This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity