right arrow
Informational Message Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.   Visit our COVID-19 resource page.

Introducing Kai!
Your College Confidential guide bot.

Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Chat with Kai
here, 24/7!

or Skip Forever

A new forum experience awaits you this November! We can't wait to share it with you soon. Want to see how it looks before the big move? Experience the new CC Forums now and let us know your thoughts!

Fall Transfer 2015

Daisychain123Daisychain123 22 replies1 threads New Member
Hey guys, there wasn't a transfer thread for this Fall so I thought I would make one. Who else is applying? The wait is getting very nerve-racking!
21 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Fall Transfer 2015

• BoRossiBoRossi 7 replies3 threads New Member
    ME!
    · Reply · Share
  • BoRossiBoRossi 7 replies3 threads New Member
    I applied last year as a senior in high school and I got wait listed...
    · Reply · Share
  • Daisychain123Daisychain123 22 replies1 threads New Member
    Yay! I was starting to feel a bit alone! Do you think there's any chance decisions will be out before the 15th?

I'm actually an international student from Australia so the whole process has been quite overwhelming. I can't wait for it to be over, no matter which way it goes.

It sounds like Williams has always been one of your favourite schools if you applied as a first year as well?
    · Reply · Share
  • gyuanyugyuanyu 42 replies1 threads Junior Member
    FINALLY, I'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR THIS THREAD. They inform us by e-mail, correct? Best of luck to you all! :)
    · Reply · Share
  • akansha19akansha19 9 replies0 threads New Member
    ANYONE NEED GREAT HOUSING AT JEFFERSON COMMONS FOR THEIR OWN ROOM PLEASE
    PLEASE CONTACT ME AT [email protected]!!!
    · Reply · Share
  • Atari875Atari875 12 replies0 threads New Member
    I assume they inform us by email. All the other schools I've applied to have contacted me via email. Also I heard rumors we may hear as early as today from Williams. Longest day ever!
    · Reply · Share
    I assume they inform us by email. All the other schools I've applied to have contacted me via email. Also I heard rumors we may hear as early as today from Williams. Longest day ever!
    · Reply · Share
    As early as today!? Wow, that is scary!
    · Reply · Share
    Letters are being mailed today. This time I know for a fact!
    · Reply · Share
    @Atari875 do you mean we will also receive them via email today as well?
    · Reply · Share
    @Daisychain123 Yeah, I got an email from the director of admissions around 8:30 PST and the official "check your portal" email at 12 pm PST. Best of luck all!
    · Reply · Share
    Hmm I have not received anything yet. I hope this isn't a bad sign! I am an international so maybe that has some bearing on it. Yes, best of luck to everyone as well and I hope you received good news @Atari875
    · Reply · Share
    same here. just checked my portal and don't see anything different!
    · Reply · Share
    @Daisychain123 @gyuanyu That's really weird...I'm an athletic recruit and I had several offers I need to respond to by this Friday. They may have just sped up the process for me. Still...bizarre
    · Reply · Share
    That does make sense @Atari875 . I'm a recruit too...what sport?
    · Reply · Share
  • collegeouzocollegeouzo 12 replies0 threads New Member
    I emailed admissions. This is what they said:
    "Thank you for your e-mail. The Admission staff has not released a date yet as to when transfer decisions will be released. All decisions should be made and sent out by the end of this month.."
    · Reply · Share
    The end of the month!? So much for May 15...ahhhh
    · Reply · Share
    @Daisychain123 Men's rowing. If you contact your coach and let him/her know you have other offers pending, but that you really want to go to williams, he/she may be able to get you a decision.
    · Reply · Share
    Oh that's funny...I'm a rower too. Well I was, but got injured at the end of last year so I'm being recruited for XC. I had a Div 1 scholarship so it was sad looking that but Williams and other Div III schools are fantastic so hopefully everything works out. Thanks for your suggestion @Atari875
    · Reply · Share
    Just got rejected. here are my stats for reference in case anyone is curious. i just finished my freshman year at Georgetown, and I've already been accepted to Vanderbilt, Haverford, Wesleyan, and Harvard. Waitlisted at Amherst and then rejected from Yale, Swarthmore, and now Williams. I am enrolling at Harvard.

Objective:
    - SAT I superscore (breakdown M/CR/W/Essay): 2170: 720M, 750CR, 710W, & 10 Essay - didn't submit
    - ACT superscore (breakdown):34 (34science, 30math, 34reading, 36english) - submitted
    - SAT II (subject, score): 720 US History, 720 Math II - didn't submit
    - College GPA: 4.0 (first semester 16 credits, second semester 18 credits but haven't received all my grades back yet)
    - High school Unweighted GPA (out of 100): 99.8
    - High school Weighted GPA: 103.51
    - Rank (percentile if rank is unavailable): 3 out of 669
    - Other Tests (AMC, AP, IB): 5's on Calc AB/US History/Macro/Calc BC/English Language, 4 on Euro/Government, 3 on Biology
    - Major Awards (USAMO, Intel, etc.): Harvard Book Award, really good individual high school awards offering tuition money
    - Common Awards (AP Scholar, honor roll, NM things, etc.): AP Scholar, Honor Roll, National Honor Society, Math Honor Society, Spanish Honor Society

Subjective: College
    -Extracurriculars: Marketing committee for Relay for Life, weekly blogger for Her Campus, copy editor for the school's oldest newspaper, only girl on the Quiz Bowl team
    -Volunteer experience: Past summer, worked as a hippotherapist with special needs kids
    -Summer Plans: Selected for a competitive study abroad program in Italy

Subjective: High School
    - Extracurriculars (name, grade levels, leadership, description): Varsity track (4 years), Show Choir (4 years - founding member and soloist), Gregorian Schola (secretary - 11, 12) , NHS (11, 12 - Technology director), Kolbe Society (12), Clare Society (11, 12), Leadership team (10, 11), Fall Play (10, 11, 12), Lector Ministry (11, 12)
    - Job/Work Experience: worked at Hollister Co. over the summer
    - Volunteer/Community Service: Volunteering at school with the Student Council, soup kitchens, tutoring
    - Summer Experience: Girls State in NY

Other
    - U.S. State/Territory or Country: New York
    - School: Georgetown
    - Ethnicity: Asian, but not reported on app
    - Income Bracket Range (Very optional): can't apply for FA
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity