right arrow
Informational Message Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.   Visit our COVID-19 resource page.

Introducing Kai!
Your College Confidential guide bot.

Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Chat with Kai
here, 24/7!

or Skip Forever

A new forum experience awaits you this November! We can't wait to share it with you soon. Want to see how it looks before the big move? Experience the new CC Forums now and let us know your thoughts!

Why did Williams's Ranking on Forbes Plummet?

friedpotatoesfriedpotatoes 23 replies5 threads Junior Member
edited September 15 in Williams College
I know Williams was ranked #1 in 2014, #2 in 2015 and 2016, and then suddenly fell out of the top 10 in 2017, going to 13th, then 12th, and then, finally, this year #19th.

This isn't really going to affect my decision in anyway, I'm mostly just curious. I'm aware that being in the Top 20 is still amazing, it's just that going from 1st to 19th in five years seems rather sudden. Does anyone know how that happened?
edited September 15
3 replies
Post edited by CCAdmin_Vic on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Why did Williams's Ranking on Forbes Plummet?