Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Transfer to Wellesley?

NYCAngelaNNYCAngelaN Registered User Posts: 10 New Member
edited March 2011 in Women's Colleges
Hello all. I am currently a freshperson at a top 50 university looking to transfer to Wellesley College. I applied at a high school senior but I was wait-listed. I am looking for anyone who has had the experience of successfully transferring to Wellesley, with GPA and test scores. Here are my stats:
HS GPA: 87.9 (The reason I was wait-listed :( )
College GPA: Unknown because Mid-Terms haven't been graded yet but around the range of 3.5 to 3.8
SAT Score: 2280 (C 770 M 730 W 780)
SAT Subject: 740 Lit 750 US History 750 Math IIC

Thanks to everyone who replies.
Post edited by NYCAngelaN on

Replies to: Transfer to Wellesley?

• Transfer014Transfer014 Registered User Posts: 188 Junior Member
    You definitely have a good shot, but just so you're aware, Wellesley told me their transfer acceptance rate varies based on the # of spots they have (who's transferring out of Wellesley, who's studying abroad, etc.). This past year, they underestimated their yield and are being careful not to do it again. The # I got from admissions was that they will likely have space for about 10 women. Good luck to us both!
This discussion has been closed.