Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

I want to apply to Sweet Briar!

borntodanceborntodance Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
edited February 2012 in Women's Colleges
i'm 16, african american and once i went on Sweet Briar's website and I COMPLETELY fell head over heels in love with the whole idea about it being a women's college in rural virginia =) the only worries I have are boys (petty, i know) and finances.

i've done loads of research on this college and I love the traditions and the formals that they have and the class rings are so cute! (mine would be purple&gold! class of 2016) the school appears very enjoyable and I would love to go there.

i have also heard a few bad things about the girls, such as, they are only look for a husband&some are catty&stuck up, which is the complete opposite of me =)

i would like to major in dance&business, so if anyone knows about their programs in one or both, I would love to hear.

how is the surrounding towns? Sweet Briar? Lynchburg?
parties/clubbing? (i would love to go dancing)
how are the boys at hampden-sydney? lynchburg? etc?
anything else i need to know? =)

thanks! x
Post edited by borntodance on

Replies to: I want to apply to Sweet Briar!

• IAmWomanIAmWoman Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    if you like Sweet Briar, but want a more accepting school, try hollins in va instead. the girls there are more accepting and not as catty.
  • SmithieandProudSmithieandProud Registered User Posts: 3,038 Senior Member
    You should probably know that business is not a major offered at Sweet Briar, or pretty much any liberal arts college.
  • dadof3boys3dadof3boys3 Registered User Posts: 31 Junior Member
    No idea where Smithie does her research, but she couldn't be more wrong (as a quick trip to the SBC website would show!) Actually Business is the LARGEST major at Sweet Briar. Very entrepreneurial in its approach.
This discussion has been closed.