Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Smith vs Vessar which do you prefer?

ninthavenueninthavenue Registered User Posts: 33 Junior Member
edited August 2011 in Women's Colleges
Advantages and disadvantages of both schools.
Vessar' medicine and law are great.....
I like Smith so much....
Post edited by ninthavenue on

Replies to: Smith vs Vessar which do you prefer?

• SmithieandProudSmithieandProud Registered User Posts: 3,038 Senior Member
    As far as I know Vassar doesn't have a medecine or a law program, though I'm sure you can do pre-med and pre-law there, just as you can at Smith. Smith has a large number of pre-med, pre-law students, and I have heard the advising there is good. It might be more useful for you to either give us some more specific questions to answer and/or post questions about each particular school on their respective CC boards (both Smith and Vassar have their own). It will be more likely to be seen that way and you'll get a wider variety of responses. But keep in mind, it's almost impossible to objectively compare the two schools unless you've attended both, so try to ask each board questions about its own school and then compare and contrast the answers you get for yourself. Hope that helps!
  • ninthavenueninthavenue Registered User Posts: 33 Junior Member
    Thank you very much!! What about the Phychology and social science? I believe these majors in both colleges are great, but which one do you think is better?
  • SmithieandProudSmithieandProud Registered User Posts: 3,038 Senior Member
    Again, since I haven't taken a class at Vassar, or even visited before, I can't comment on what their programs are like. Also, neither of these colleges has a program called social science, the humanities are divided up into several different departments. Smith has an excellent psychology program and it's a very popular major on campus.
  • rocket6louiserocket6louise Registered User Posts: 3,391 Senior Member
    Had a friend who was a visiting student from Vassar last year. Said the classes were pretty comparable. She just liked Smith's offerings better
  • ninthavenueninthavenue Registered User Posts: 33 Junior Member
    Thank you.... I remember I've found on US News that the social science is one of the most popular majors at Smith. Sorry, maybe I made a mistake.
This discussion has been closed.