right arrow
Informational Message Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.   Visit our COVID-19 resource page.

Introducing Kai!
Your College Confidential guide bot.

Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Chat with Kai
here, 24/7!

or Skip Forever

A new forum experience awaits you this November! We can't wait to share it with you soon. Want to see how it looks before the big move? Experience the new CC Forums now and let us know your thoughts!

Simmons College

SmySmySmySmy 128 replies8 threads Junior Member
edited April 2012 in Women's Colleges
I posted in their college forum, but I thought I would try here since their place seems pretty inactive on CC.

I'm contemplating going to Simmons College. I love the idea of a women's college. Could anyone share some insight on their academics and social environment? What's it like to live in Boston? I'm from Florida and I basically drive everywhere.
edited April 2012
2 replies
Post edited by SmySmy on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Simmons College

• shewasshewas 181 replies2 threads Junior Member
    What are you planning on majoring in? The largest major at Simmons is nursing. When I visited, it seemed like everyone around me was a prospective nursing major or they were already Simmons nursing students. If you want to become a nurse, Simmons is great for you. You'll get a great education and you'll get amazing opportunities with internships etc.

On the other hand, if you're not a nursing major, you might run into a bit of trouble. Of course, there are non-nursing majors. They are not as well respected but they are there. Academically, Simmons is a pretty good school, from what I've heard. I don't know much about the non-nursing side of things (I am not a nursing person but I did an overnight at Simmons a couple months ago and was surrounded by them) but I do know that there are some good 5 year bachelors/masters programs at Simmons (social work comes to mind). It's all in what you're looking for.

Boston is a great city. I love Boston. Everything is nearby, public transportation is everywhere, and it is not hard to navigate. I am not from Boston but I visit a few times a year. It can be expensive to live there but it's a good city.
    · Reply · Share
  • Eternal IcicleEternal Icicle 480 replies33 threads Member
    The only Simmons student I know is also a nursing student! She seemed to share the zeal I have for feminism and things tangentially women's studies as a fellow student of a women's college.

The only programs I've looked into are the MFAs for creative writing, and I have to say I'm impressed with the number of dual MA/MFAs and BA/MAs that they offer...
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity