right arrow
Informational Message Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.   Visit our COVID-19 resource page.

Introducing Kai!
Your College Confidential guide bot.

Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Chat with Kai
here, 24/7!

or Skip Forever

A new forum experience awaits you this November! We can't wait to share it with you soon. Want to see how it looks before the big move? Experience the new CC Forums now and let us know your thoughts!

Transferring to a seven sister college

DogsshouldvoteDogsshouldvote 35 replies10 threads Junior Member
I'm a senior from who got all her letters back. I got rejected from Smith, but found I really want too attend and look into the seven sisters a bit more. I plan on doing my freshman year of college at a local institution I can commute too, but want too know how I can beef up my application too get in potentially too Smith, Mount Holyoke, Bryn Mawr and Wellesley as a transfer. I took 4 aps in high school, a few pre-aps, had a 1300 sat on the first time (I plan on retaking it) drum major, NHS, tri-m, drama club (where we started an executive board this year for it so I hope that helps), 3.7 weighted GPA intended history or poli sci major. I also work part time but not as often since we're overstaffed. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
3 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Transferring to a seven sister college

• stressedslothstressedsloth 12 replies2 threads New Member
    edited April 2018
    Hi! I just got accepted to Smith as a transfer student after attending a local state school my first year of college! I would recommend getting a high GPA your first semester, staying involved in an extracurricular you did in HS, and interviewing! I got a 3.9 GPA my fall semester and did not submit my test scores.
    edited April 2018
    · Reply · Share
  • DogsshouldvoteDogsshouldvote 35 replies10 threads Junior Member
    Thank you so much! I plan on getting involved in community theater and trying a new job that's a bit more demanding than my current one so I hope that's good. Congratulations on getting in!
    · Reply · Share
  • stressedslothstressedsloth 12 replies2 threads New Member
    Thanks! Good luck next year! Smith and Mount Holyoke seem to accept a lot of transfer applicants from what I've heard. Not sure about the other colleges.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity