right arrow
Informational Message Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.   Visit our COVID-19 resource page.

Introducing Kai!
Your College Confidential guide bot.

Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Chat with Kai
here, 24/7!

or Skip Forever

A new forum experience awaits you this November! We can't wait to share it with you soon. Want to see how it looks before the big move? Experience the new CC Forums now and let us know your thoughts!

Women's college recommendations for an international student

Alby20Alby20 0 replies2 threads New Member
edited June 24 in Women's Colleges
Hey
I'm an international student looking to apply for entry for Fall 2021.
I'm looking for a fairly liberal school, no preference on location, and I'm looking to major in biology so a good department would be great.
If the SAT isn't completely cancelled this summer, I'm looking to take it - I'm aiming for 780 in Maths and 720 on RWL - and my grades convert to a 4.0 unweighted GPA.

I've looked so far at Bryn Mawr, Smith, Agnes Scott and Mount Holyoke.

Any opinions on these colleges and any recommendations?

Thanks in advance!
edited June 24
3 replies
Post edited by CCEdit_Suraj on
Tagged:
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Women's college recommendations for an international student

• happymomof1happymomof1 31021 replies199 threads Senior Member
    These all are good places to study. The difference for you would be the location (in a city vs. near a city vs. more rural), ease of transportation for you to get there and back to your home once or twice each year, and reputation in your own country (so that you can get a job after graduation).
    · Reply · Share
  • SaskiaBMC2021SaskiaBMC2021 6 replies1 threads New Member
    Hi there! I'm a current Bryn Mawr junior, and it sounds like Bryn Mawr would definitely meet all of what you're looking for! About a third of students major in natural sciences, so we have a major STEM presence for a liberal arts school. You seem like a great fit! If you have any questions about Bryn Mawr, let me know!
    · Reply · Share
  • skycryskycry 56 replies2 threads Junior Member
    edited April 12
    Smith definitely meets your requirements. I'd also suggest looking into Scripps and, if your SAT goes as expected, Wellesley.

I'd be happy to answer any additional questions you have about Smith, as I'm a current student.
    edited April 12
    · Reply · Share