right arrow
Informational Message Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.   Visit our COVID-19 resource page.

Introducing Kai!
Your College Confidential guide bot.

Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Chat with Kai
here, 24/7!

or Skip Forever

A new forum experience awaits you this November! We can't wait to share it with you soon. Want to see how it looks before the big move? Experience the new CC Forums now and let us know your thoughts!

Enrollment fee waiver?

anythingbutzenanythingbutzen 5 replies4 threads New Member
edited April 22 in Women's Colleges
Hi! I was recently admitted to Mount Holyoke College on a full ride. Their non-refundable deposit is $500, which upfront is a lot of money for my parents to pay. I've heard of people getting their enrollment fee waived automatically in some cases, and in others they send an email to the admissions office. What should I include in that email?
edited April 22
2 replies
Post edited by CCEdit_Suraj on
Tagged:
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Enrollment fee waiver?

• happymomof1happymomof1 31021 replies199 threads Senior Member
    Just email the admissions office, and ask if it can be waived. Don't worry about the exact words. They already know your situation, they know about the full ride, and they want you to attend.

Wishing you all the best. :)
    · Reply · Share
  • anythingbutzenanythingbutzen 5 replies4 threads New Member
    @happymomof1 Thank you! They didn't waive the fee but they did reduce it down to $200 which was a lot more doable
    · Reply · Share