Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
We want your feedback! Complete our survey and enter to win one of four $25 gift cards.
We are excited to announce a new role on College Confidential: The Forum Champion! Read all about it and apply now.

WPI Early Action II

Replies to: WPI Early Action II

• PA-CPA-C Registered User Posts: 960 Member
    ^ KD94025 good luck to your son!!
  • KD94025KD94025 Registered User Posts: 107 Junior Member
    Thanks, we have our fingers crossed. He really likes this school and is hoping to be admitted and also offered financial aid...But, it is a little amusing that a school which is pretty tech oriented cannot solve this issue (or it slipped in the importance pile, because they consider his application complete.)

I'm hoping that this login is not the site to which you would log in to see the pdf of the decision letter. Anyone know how one would access that? I thought from prior years, that it was mailed, unless you were international, and then it would be emailed.
  • gsmommagsmomma Registered User Posts: 610 Member
    WPI has tradionally sent acceptances via snail mail. Once you are accepted, you are sent a link to an admitted students site.
    Thanks! Knowing that they mailed the information, I thought it was odd that they would say notification by 2/10, when that is a Sunday. Ah, well. We will know soon enough! Amazing how time goes by so quickly and yet so slowly all at the same time.
  • Smith2012Smith2012 Registered User Posts: 4 New Member
    They will most likely send out round 2 mails tomorrow according to admission office.
  • mgwrdsmmamgwrdsmma Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    Hope they aren't delayed due to Friday's snow storm. Wish they would mail today.
  • chocchipcookiechocchipcookie Registered User Posts: 2,429 Senior Member
    Uggh bigtime. My S2 will be applying to WPI EA next year and I cannot believe they send notices of acceptances by snail mail. Yucch. My S1 (at a different college) was notified by email at an exact time and date and it just made life soooo much easier. yes, I agree that a techie college should get with the computer age and send on-line! :(
    Ultimately, getting those nice envelopes is satisfying, but getting a quick yes or no online reduces anxiety - THEN, you can get the nice envelope if you are accepted. Seems more humane (and less dependent on good weather, etc.).
  • w1n5t0n4w1n5t0n4 Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
    Does any one know about academic scholarships? I received the acceptance letter last night (7th), but it said nothing about giving or denying a scholarship. Any ideas?
  • hockeymamahockeymama Registered User Posts: 24 New Member
    Yay!! My son got accepted to WPI. No word on any merit aid. Very unlikely we will receive any financial based aid. We live 10 miles or less away from WPI in a neighboring town to the east. He is very relieved, this is his first acceptance, all the rest he won't hear back from until mid-March to early April. The waiting is hard!!
    w1n5t0n4 - Congrats! I have heard in the past that they will send out info. on merit aids in the next couple of weeks.
    Thanks, that makes me a little less nervous.
    Now we have to wait some more :) My son needs to get some merit aid so we can afford WPI. Fingers crossed!
    Congrats, and good luck on merit aid.
  • MEsearchMEsearch Registered User Posts: 68 Junior Member
    Just wanted to let all know that my S decision showed up in his online account today - Accepted! No mail yet unless it comes snail-mail later today.
This discussion has been closed.