Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

WPI Early Action II

Replies to: WPI Early Action II

• KD94025KD94025 Registered User Posts: 107 Junior Member
    ^^ First, congratulations (to you and all who are getting acceptance notices)!
    Regarding the online account - is that the same one that you log in to see if you are missing anything? That's the one my son has had trouble with (and they couldn't seem to fix). Being on the West Coast, it's nerve-wracking, because I would be surprised if the snail mail notices reliably arrive by Saturday if they were mailed Wednesday. (50-75% shot). I think he'd like to know NOW.
  • KD94025KD94025 Registered User Posts: 107 Junior Member
    Just curious, how many digits is your ID number? Our rep said he confirmed the info was right, but I'm still trying to troubleshoot it to get it to work. How frustrating that the school is closed today because of the storm...
  • ConfusedMominMAConfusedMominMA Registered User Posts: 1,047 Senior Member
    My DS got his rejection letter today. Oh well, WPI was a reach for him anyway. His first rejection. Still waiting to hear from RIT but otherwise he is 7 for 8!

Congratulations to those that have been accepted!
  • erwinrderwinrd Registered User Posts: 46 Junior Member
    I have the same question about where is the admissions decision online? Is it the login that tells you if the application material has all been received? Ours doesn't say anything except that all the material is in.
  • hockeymamahockeymama Registered User Posts: 24 New Member
    ConfusedMominMA, thanks! Sorry to hear your son was rejected, but congrats to him on all his other acceptances and good luck to him being accepted to RIT!
    My son has only heard from WPI, he has 5 more schools to go, including a reach school for him that doesn't give merit aid.

Just another update, he received University Award merit aid in mail today from WPI. While we are psyched to know the amount, it isn't huge amount. Now the reality of financing his education (obviously with his help ;) ) is starting to sink in!!!!
  • MEsearchMEsearch Registered User Posts: 68 Junior Member
    The decision did show up on the same site where you would go to check your material. When you go there it now says "Decision Letter" which you click on to see pdf of letter.

The WPI ID is 9 digits long.
  • Blade3390Blade3390 Registered User Posts: 72 Junior Member
    Got my acceptance in the mail! I'm from Jersey across the river from NYC

I also got some merit money. I did NOT expect that. Pretty good sum so I'm happy about that. :)
  • MEsearchMEsearch Registered User Posts: 68 Junior Member
    Did merit come in the same envelope as admission decision letter or a separate mailing?
  • Blade3390Blade3390 Registered User Posts: 72 Junior Member
    It came in the same package. By the way, my online status has not changed.
  • Smith2012Smith2012 Registered User Posts: 4 New Member
    Merit Scholarship Letter and Decision Letter are both posted online.
  • Johny245Johny245 Registered User Posts: 50 Junior Member
    Accepted with Presidential scolarship! I wasn't expecting any aid!
  • USNChiefUSNChief Registered User Posts: 158 Junior Member
    Received a deferal from WPI. It was a reach but definitely son's top choice. Not sure if we will wait it out though.
  • chocchipcookiechocchipcookie Registered User Posts: 2,429 Senior Member
    Would the people who got rejected mind sharing some stats? It would help me out to know what WPI is looking for, since my S2 hopes to go there next year.

Thank you very much.
  • UnseenUnseen Registered User Posts: 151 Junior Member
    I was accepted but there was no information about merit scholarships in my letter. And my admission status account looks the same as it did before. Kind of bothered about this. I was sure that I would get a scholarship - I mean, at least a little bit. Nothing at all seems pretty harsh.
  • ConfusedMominMAConfusedMominMA Registered User Posts: 1,047 Senior Member
    chocchipcookie-My DS's Stats: 1980 SAT, 3.37 GPA.
This discussion has been closed.