Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Introducing a New Expert Content Section: Careers!

Greek life at WPI

redpoodlesredpoodles Registered User Posts: 2,110 Senior Member
Is it huge? My D heard it is. She's worried it's too "techie" and too "greeky" but I'm not sure why she thinks this. She knows maybe 2 people who go there.

Replies to: Greek life at WPI

• gsmommagsmomma Registered User Posts: 610 Member
    There are about 30% of the student body that are either in a sorority or fraternity, but that means there are 70% who are not. My D is a senior, and has been in a sorority since freshman year. I never thought that she would be joinone, but it has made her college experience so much better. We are both glad that she did.
  • BeanTownGirlBeanTownGirl Registered User Posts: 2,731 Senior Member
    My son was very much ANTI-Greek life when he was looking at colleges, but once at WPI he ended up joining a frat once he found one that matched his morals/values. We were surprised when he told us he was thinking of joining one, but it seems to have been a very positive experience for him.
    There is no pressure to join a frat/sorority at WPI, there is so much going on with all the other clubs and activities. I wouldn't let it be a factor in a decision about WPI.
  • NorthernMom61NorthernMom61 Registered User Posts: 3,506 Senior Member
    Hi @redpoodles good question.
This discussion has been closed.