Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

EA2 Decisions

Replies to: EA2 Decisions

• galwaymomgalwaymom Registered User Posts: 405 Member
    There is a big envelope for my s that arrived today. We are in CT. Hoping it's good news...
  • ivy searchivy search Registered User Posts: 103 Junior Member
    does your app status site say anything like complete?
    mine doesnt....
    but the recieved things match the requirements.
    just wondering.....
  • wpirpiwpirpi Registered User Posts: 70 Junior Member
    I'm in, but no mention of any financial stuff.. so I'm betting nothing (the envelope WAS here this mornng. My mom was looking for a legal size envelope and didn't look through the stack that she assumed was junk mail)
  • rinaldoizzorinaldoizzo Registered User Posts: 47 Junior Member
    Got in today from CT. No news of scholarship money, but I believe I am guaranteed at least 17000 a year since I will graduate valedictorian of my class.
  • galwaymomgalwaymom Registered User Posts: 405 Member
    ivy- Just asked my s to check his app site, and it was unchanged despite his being admitted today. Like the others above, no mention of scholarship $$.
    Congrats to everyone who gets in!
  • ivy searchivy search Registered User Posts: 103 Junior Member
    thanks still waiting
  • Ren the SAT'erRen the SAT'er Registered User Posts: 2,303 Senior Member
    still no mail =S
  • dingbeidingbei Registered User Posts: 31 Junior Member
    congratultions to everyone who got accepted~~~
    maybe i'll meet you guys this fall~~~:)
  • weldonweldon Registered User Posts: 537 Member
    My son was admitted EA2 late January, but we had to wait about 1.5 weeks before we heard about the merit scholarship award. The admissions office says this sometimes happens because the admissions committee gets out of synch with the acholarship committee. By the way, the notice of merit award comes in a regular-sized envelope, not a big one, so don't panic.
  • amraa_kazeamraa_kaze Registered User Posts: 224 Junior Member
    weldon, do they inform about scholarship by e-mail, at least to int'ls? I got my acceptance e-mail.
  • sneakers1234sneakers1234 Registered User Posts: 26 New Member
    DS was notified in early Jan also, with a few bucks. Wasn't a first choice, wont be attending.
  • #theorymom#theorymom Registered User Posts: 1,688 Senior Member
    S received acceptance in mail yesterday 2/3 - on the West Coast
    Waiting on merit news. I wonder how many accepted students don't attend because of costs and if they factor this in to their acceptance rates.
  • wpirpiwpirpi Registered User Posts: 70 Junior Member
    Well, that's encouraging that there is still hope on a merit letter. This is my first choice for schools, but without some kind of merit, then it won't be affordable for our family and I don't want to graduate with $200,000 in loans. :/
  • Ren the SAT'erRen the SAT'er Registered User Posts: 2,303 Senior Member
    just wondering, what are your DD and DS's stats?
  • #theorymom#theorymom Registered User Posts: 1,688 Senior Member
    My S's stats are not mind-blowing, but his ECs are great and his teacher recs excellent.

800M 630CR 510W
    740 Math II subject as a junior, 700 Physics at the same time with only half the physics course covered ( I think colleges look at this)
    3.1 GPA - ick - Ds in English and anything with lots of writing. A's in everything else
    Class rank top 50% - seriously 49 out of 100 (class rank is very misleading at his school since GPA and rank is unweighted)
    Only 2 AP classes (Calc and Bio)
    because school didn't offer them until this year and he is taking both

But his EC's were good
    Summer Math and AI programs at Stanford
    High placements in math competitions and Knowledge Bowl
    Finalist in solo voice competitions and choir competitions
    Deep involvment in drama and musical theater
    (showing he is not one dimensional and is involved successfully in SOME humanities)

Hook - if any it was making the most of his experience in a very small school in a very rural area. He also wrote about his lack of writing ability (irony there)

So who knows when it comes to college admissions.
    I would suspect he did not get in on his grades and rank so much as the entire package he presented.

I also suspect his stats, however, will keep him out of the running for much merit aid and then I am not sure he will be going.

Though it seems a good fit for him - especially since they don't require an English course!!
This discussion has been closed.