Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Yale Interview??

Replies to: Yale Interview??

• boomshakalakaboomshakalaka Registered User Posts: 703 Member
    Awesome interview. No regrets. Now jst to sit back and wait. I've done everything I could, and now, I would be satisfied even if I don't get in...knowing that I've tried my best.
  • Idiosyncra3yIdiosyncra3y Registered User Posts: 1,004 Member
    ^ That is important. Feeling good about what you have done...
  • refereereferee Registered User Posts: 382 Member
    Anyone know when is the last day for interviewers to contact us? Haven't heard anything...
  • Idiosyncra3yIdiosyncra3y Registered User Posts: 1,004 Member
    Dude. it is the 17th of January. They send decisions on the 30th of March. There is time. Relax.
    Oh my goodness!!! When I first read your post, I thought you were answering my question so I assumed today was the last day for them to contact us and I was like freaking out. Now I realize you're saying not to freak out. hahaha.
  • AdmissionsAddictAdmissionsAddict Registered User Posts: 1,405 Senior Member
    Interview reports are due to Yale by February 15.
    oh thank you!
  • Purepecha9510Purepecha9510 Registered User Posts: 126 Junior Member
    Ahhh I haven't been contacted yet :/
    ^me neither.
  • fgsfdsfgsfds Registered User Posts: 264 Junior Member
    Me neither... I didn't get contacted for an interview SCEA (I was deferred) and I still haven't been contacted for one RD. Maybe there are no alumni in the area. Hopefully D:
  • adchangadchang Registered User Posts: 398 Member
    Hmm, I know there are alumni in my city. I haven't gotten a interview yet though. The people I know who have were all EA applicants though. Hmm... ohwellwe'llsee.
  • sara12sara12 Registered User Posts: 765 Member
    I haven't been contacted for an interview, but another kid applying to Yale from my school has. :(
  • adchangadchang Registered User Posts: 398 Member
    Woohoo! Got my interview! And right after I complained on CC!

Maybe if I complain that I won't get in on CC, I'll get in? :D
  • theVercingetorixtheVercingetorix Registered User Posts: 5 New Member
    Question about the weight/importance of interviews at yale: I am a borderline/fairly average applicant (no super-stand out awards or ECs, 4.1 GPA out of 4.2 I think, 2210 SAT, great essays and recs, so in short, a competitive but not stellar applicant except for my amazing essays I would think), but I had the most amazing Yale interview. It lasted 2 hours, the interviewer literally told me he was sold on me and was going to try his very hardest to make sure I got into Yale/do his best to sell me to Yale. He even drove to school today while we had a delayed opening (the staff/ my GC was there though) to give my GC an antiquated copy of the "National Review" - "to give me something to aim at" (he wants me to be the next William F Buckley Jr lol, and I am a centrist not a conservative) and also told my GC that I held the number one spot out of all the people he has interviewed/ I was his favorite interview(tied with some girl he interviewed three years back); he is from the class of '59 or '59, so he must have been interviewing for some time now too and he had four or five interviews prior to mine that week alone. Would such an amazing, slam-dunk interview perhaps greatly increase my chances of admission or am I dreaming? :P
  • T26E4T26E4 Registered User Posts: 24,274 Senior Member
    Vercingetorix: Congrats on a great time w/your interviewer. Certainly a positive recommendation (which it appears you'll get) is better than the alternative. However, your alum doesn't have access to the rest of your file nor does he have the context to truly consider what you might be able to bring to Yale vis a vis the other applicants.

"Greatly increase chances'? No. If you get eventually admitted, the interview is just confirmation of the rest of your file. Best of luck to you.
This discussion has been closed.