Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Sign Up For Free

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

  • Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Yale international student financial aid forms

leo118leo118 Registered User Posts: 348 Member
edited February 2012 in Yale University
I'm an international applicant to Yale and am trying to apply for financial aid. Problem is- I cannot submit the CSS Profile (can't afford to, plus don't own credit card). So I contacted Yale requesting alternate application forms or a fee-waiver code. I even called them up, and they instantly emailed the forms to me, but somehow I'm not getting their replies. I checked my junk mail and every folder in my inbox...still no sign of it.

Am not sure of the technical fault here. But my question is- is there another way for me to obtain those forms (I don't want to call them up again, the fin aid officer told me she's already replied to me). Can I find them online (can't seem to find them on the site, but I'm hoping I made a mistake!)?

Hope any of you can propose an alternate solution! I want to keep calling them up again as my very last resort.

Thanks in advance =D
Post edited by leo118 on

Replies to: Yale international student financial aid forms

  • Rme123Rme123 Registered User Posts: 231 Junior Member
    You just mentioned that they emailed them to you?

    Sent from my iPhone using CC
  • mcat2mcat2 Registered User Posts: 5,942 Senior Member
    All I could suggest is to explore Yale's financial aid web site (need some digging on your part.) I believe our family could locate almost all forms from Yale's website in the past (many years ago though.)

    It is somewhat odd you can not apply CSS Profile witha fee waiver from College Board. There is some "low cost" or "no cost" option for US residents/citizens. I guess it is because you are an international and College Board really has no obligation/incentive to be particularly "nice" to internationals. (No political representation in this country is the key.)

    CSS Profile is THE most information that any private college in US relies upon to determine how much you and your family are required to pay. Without this information, it will likely be very difficult for any college to determine your need. They can not just blindly "trust" whatever numbers you yourself put down on a piece of paper (application forms) without providing them some means to really verify it , right?!

    The backbone of the fairness of financial aide is that:
    1) Your famility filed the tax return -- which can be verified by the IRS.
    2) FAFSA -- which can be verified by the department of education.
    3) CSS Profile -- which can be verified, likely by the school itself.

    Without these three pieces of basic information, it is very difficult for school's financial aids office to operate in a fair way.
  • leo118leo118 Registered User Posts: 348 Member
    @ Rme123- they did, but I'm not getting their emails. Maybe their email address is blocked from my sender's list or something...but how can that be when I have never been contacted by them? So like I said, I don't know the technical fault.

    In any case, thanks mcat 2 for your response. Yes, I am an international, and to add to that- we don't file tax returns where I live, so I am replacing those with an income and benefits statement from my parent's employer.

    I have also tried googling them in vain, but I'll definitely dig further.

    However, if there's anyone whose already got those forms- can you please email them to me? PM if its possible please!

    Genuine thanks once again mcat 2 =D
  • mcat2mcat2 Registered User Posts: 5,942 Senior Member
    Not sure whether this link will help you find the info you need:

    Yale University Financial Aid > New Students

    Yale University SFAS: Financial Aid > Continuing Students

    Student Financial and Administrative Services

    Yale University Financial Aid

    If you know the name of the form you need, you may try, on google:

    NAMEofTheForm site:yale.edu/sfas


    NAMEofTheForm site:yale.edu
  • leo118leo118 Registered User Posts: 348 Member
    Thanks guys!!! LOL I was really sweating over this!
  • Kdog044Kdog044 Registered User Posts: 1,452 Senior Member
    I didn't see the address on the app of where to send it but it was available by searching the other links.

    Student Financial Services
    Yale University
    P.O. Box 208288
    New Haven, CT 06520-8288
  • leo118leo118 Registered User Posts: 348 Member
    Thanks Kdog044! =D
This discussion has been closed.