Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Emailing a research abstract?

mer377mer377 Registered User Posts: 82 Junior Member
Hello
I want to email yale a research abstract but I can't find any email , and it's possible just with fax but I can't use fax. What should I do?
Thanks?

Replies to: Emailing a research abstract?

• gibbygibby Registered User Posts: 10,487 Senior Member
    edited January 2017
    Many admissions offices WILL NOT open email attachments from prospective students or unknown people as they don't want to risk infecting their computer with a virus (not that you would do such a thing, but every office has their specific protocols which AO's must adhere to). .So, I would follow the directions on Yale's website: https://admissions.yale.edu/contact-us
    How to send application materials or updates:
    * Use the online update forms available through your Yale Admissions Status Portal.
    * Submit material online via the Common Application (link is external) or Coalition Application (link is external) website.
    * Fax documents to 203.436.9775
    * Mail material to either our Post Office Box (Postal Mail) or our Street Address (for FedEx, UPS, TNT, DHL, and other delivery services).

• AngelaDAngelaD Registered User Posts: 85 Junior Member
    @mer377, D submitted her research abstract and report via Slide Room per Yale's instruction.
  • mer377mer377 Registered User Posts: 82 Junior Member
    @AngelaD But there were not section for research abstract at slideroom.
  • AngelaDAngelaD Registered User Posts: 85 Junior Member
    I believe you had to indicate on your Yale Comm App that you have a research report to submit. Then there will be a portfolio link on your CA that link you to Yale Slide Room. It will then give you the link to upload your research to Yale. This is the link to their instruction. http://admissions.yale.edu/supplementary

Since you have submitted your comm app, it's too late to submit it through CommApp/Slide Room. I suggest you call/email Yale to find out if there is an alternate way.

This discussion has been closed.