Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

How to report quitting an EC after admittance

saviddilvasaviddilva Registered User Posts: 16 New Member
edited January 2017 in Yale University
I decided to quit Science bowl/team (about a week ago) because I just have so many other things going on.

Am I supposed to use the update application tool in the portal to report this? I talked to my counselor and she would handle it later. But honestly, she forgets to do a lot of things, so I'm going to try to handle this on my own at least for now.

Or does Yale even care since its not a course change?

Thanks

Replies to: How to report quitting an EC after admittance

• gibbygibby Registered User Posts: 10,484 Senior Member
    Yale is not an extracurricular camp, they are an academic institution. Therefore, Admissions cares about a student dropping a CLASS not an EC. My recommendation: Let it go. If your GC updates Admissions, fine. If not, I wouldn't worry about it.
  • sherpasherpa Registered User Posts: 4,630 Senior Member
    @gibby is correct. Consider the extreme case of a recruited athlete who is accepted in the early round and then suffers a devastating career ending athletic injury. They're in, period.
  • HuntHunt Registered User Posts: 26,917 Senior Member
    When my son was admitted, he later wanted to drop second semester of French his senior year. I forced him to call Yale before doing this. They didn't care at all.
This discussion has been closed.