right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Admissions revokation

GuitarManARSGuitarManARS 1754 replies38 threads Senior Member
edited June 2006 in Yale University
Out of curiosity, what sort of grades would one need to have in the final semester in order for revokation of admission to be a possibility?

Not that I'm asking for myself. ~looks around~
edited June 2006
10 replies
Post edited by GuitarManARS on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Admissions revokation

• UMDADUMDAD 1295 replies152 threads Senior Member
    Can we presume you mean revocation?
    · Reply · Share
  • GuitarManARSGuitarManARS 1754 replies38 threads Senior Member
    Yes. Was that really necessary?
    · Reply · Share
  • UMDADUMDAD 1295 replies152 threads Senior Member
    Sorry - for 8 years of grammar school in the '60s, correct spelling was drilled into my head by the penguins. When I do make a spelling error, I feel like an idiot, making the penguins proud.
    · Reply · Share
  • theoneotheoneo 6815 replies119 threads Senior Member
    I think anything below a 2.5 GPA would be sketchy. Below 2.0 for revocation to be likely. Below 1.5 really shouldn't be happening.

Of course, it also depends on the GPA you had when you were admitted. I'm assuming that you had something over a 3.0.
    · Reply · Share
  • apfreakapfreak 963 replies135 threads Senior Member
    GPA really does not matter. You can have the highest GPA you want but if you get an "F" or "D" or even a "C" in one class for one term I would be slightly concerned! Seriously.
    · Reply · Share
  • SonataXSonataX 392 replies0 threads Member
    If you get anything less than an A-, Yale will sue you and take your house. And then they'll give your spot in the class to an Afghani with a dubious record on women's rights.
    · Reply · Share
  • theoneotheoneo 6815 replies119 threads Senior Member
    While that's true, apfreak, couldn't they also be suspicious if your grades in each of your classes goes down a couple letter grades? I don't think they would revoke their offer of admission if a straight A student got one C, but if all their grades dropped to C's and their new GPA was a 2.0, the cumulative effect would be... bad.

But yeah, a D or F in just one class could be your ticket out of Yale.
    · Reply · Share
  • wrathofgod64wrathofgod64 2171 replies46 threads Senior Member
    i know one guy from my school last year who got into MIT, but then got 2 D+'s 2nd semester. He had to write a letter of explanation, but that's all.
    · Reply · Share
  • GuitarManARSGuitarManARS 1754 replies38 threads Senior Member
    Thanks everyone :)
    · Reply · Share
  • ScipioScipio 8467 replies477 threads Senior Member
    A Yale admissions committee member told me a couple of years ago they rescinded a guy for getting two Cs. They asked if there was any good explanation for the drop in grades, like one of his parents dying or something. When turned out to be just plain old senioritis, they revoked him.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity