right arrow
PARENTS4PARENTS is a new initiative aimed at highlighting the vast expertise of our parents community while helping other parents better navigate the college admissions process. aggies1989 is a UC alumnus and parent of two UC college kids. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: fintech3753 is a current student at the Wharton School. Majoring in finance, he is hoping to pursue a career at the intersection of finance and technology. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our August Checklist for HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Yale 2025

pubschoolparentpubschoolparent 1 replies1 threads New Member
edited July 8 in Yale University
I don't see a thread, yet, for 2025 so I thought I'd start one. (Apologies to the moderators if I missed it.)
edited July 8
5 replies
Post edited by ccadminkris on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Yale 2025

• pubschoolparentpubschoolparent 1 replies1 threads New Member
    edited June 4
    I'm happy to start. My oldest child will be starting senior year in the fall at an urban public high school. They've visited the campus a few times over the last year, and Yale is first on a list of ~10 schools that they will be applying to. I would categorize four of those schools as reaches. The remaining six are a mix of reaches/targets, targets, and safeties. These schools were selected based on the reputation of a particular field of study, so there's a real mix of schools (large, small, urban, suburban, rural, private, public, etc.).

Significant financial aid would be required, and we've found the online net price calculators to be quite helpful. In fact, we eliminated a few schools earlier on based on estimated aid.

At this stage in the process, child has completed drafts of their Common App essay, as well as drafts of a couple of other school-specific essays and has had various people look them over. I expect much of the summer will be spent on essay writing and tweaking.
    edited June 4
    · Reply · Share
  • russiancowboirussiancowboi 1 replies1 threads New Member
    Yale prior to this year wasn't even a possibility for me. I have a really great GPA, and am a fairly strong essay writer; my only downfall is my test score. I will only have the opportunity to take the ACT once (NYC is being very confusing with when/if they can administer tests). I guess my main question is- will my application be worth it?
    · Reply · Share
  • NeuropowerNeuropower 6 replies1 threads New Member
    edited July 19
    Anyone applying Yale SCEA?
    edited July 19
    · Reply · Share
  • sammngsammng 30 replies2 threads Junior Member
    Neuropower wrote: »
    Anyone applying Yale SCEA?

me
    · Reply · Share
  • gablesdadgablesdad 33 replies7 threads Junior Member
    @pubschoolparent what is the field of study on which you chose Yale? You mentioned all of your 10 schools were chosen based on field of study.
    · Reply · Share