· Reply · Share
  • Gryffon5147Gryffon5147 3711 replies54 postsRegistered User Senior Member
    Gotta catch'em all!
    · Reply · Share
  • ScipioScipio 8464 replies477 postsRegistered User Senior Member
    Wouldn't want to break up a set.
    · Reply · Share
  • bluewhitebulldogbluewhitebulldog 701 replies15 postsRegistered User Member
    Yeah, there were triplets who were split.
    Penn
    Yale
    Harvard.

I dunno why, but I was pretty jealous. This was a year ago.
    · Reply · Share
  • riverrunnerriverrunner 2663 replies52 postsRegistered User Senior Member
    And if you're reading this and you're also a gifted Nigerian-American quadruplet, you might as well apply at H or P now, because this niche is filled at Yale for the class of 2014 :)
    · Reply · Share
  • wjbwjb 2843 replies65 postsRegistered User Senior Member
    Maybe not, riverrunner. The article says they're still applying to other schools. Stay tuned to see if the band breaks up!
    · Reply · Share
  • riverrunnerriverrunner 2663 replies52 postsRegistered User Senior Member
    Wow, good point wjb. I guess my Yale bias is showing.
    · Reply · Share
  • randombetchrandombetch 1023 replies56 postsRegistered User Senior Member
    Erm, why do two of them have girl names/dress like girls while the captions use male pronouns?
    · Reply · Share
  • SaugusSaugus 3584 replies322 postsRegistered User Senior Member
    Wow, that's amazing.
    · Reply · Share
  • Tres ElefantesTres Elefantes 850 replies8 postsRegistered User Member
    i saw them on the accepted students' website. amazing!
    · Reply · Share
  • pigs_at_seapigs_at_sea 2742 replies157 posts- Senior Member
    speechless. just.speechless.no.comment.
    · Reply · Share
  • cmburns14cmburns14 255 replies3 postsRegistered User Junior Member
    if their last name was Kim or Cho or Chang or Patel- now that would be impressive.
    · Reply · Share
  • StupefyStupefy 1738 replies133 postsRegistered User Senior Member
    pshh they dont even look alike. scamm!

and HAHA @cmburns
    · Reply · Share
    if their last name was Kim or Cho or Chang or Patel- now that would be impressive.

dittooooooo

do they dress like that to express their individuality? should i dress like that next time for my interview? i bet yale would love it. i love that red stuff on her eyes. it's like a straight-out-of-the-jungle look. oooo new trend alert.
    · Reply · Share
  • hb730hb730 238 replies0 postsRegistered User Junior Member
    ditto

seconded!

gives IVF a whole new purpose (no offense intended, but that's generally how these things happen)
    · Reply · Share
  • DiamondTDiamondT 409 replies50 postsRegistered User Member
    "if their last name was Kim or Cho or Chang or Patel- now that would be impressive."

What are you trying to insinuate? It's interesting to see a bunch of 17 year olds trying to belittle the achievements of others who they didn't even know, as if the Admissions Committee does not have the intelligence to choose "impressive candidates."

My assumption is that you're denigrating their acceptance because they are URM. I'm sure you missed the fact that one was a National Merit Finalist which is a distinction that even most Asians at the Ivy League do not hold. The others have distinguished accomplishments as well. Nonetheless, there is no need for them to prove their "worthiness" to a bunch of clueless 17 year olds whose need to belittle others demonstrates their deep insecurity and jealousy.
    · Reply · Share
  • StupefyStupefy 1738 replies133 postsRegistered User Senior Member
    I'm sure you missed the fact that one was a National Merit Finalist which is a distinction that even most Asians at the Ivy League do not hold.
    HAHAHAHAHHAH oh really? National merit is CRAP. and by crap I mean that in most states, PSAT threshold is around 210-220 AKA easy to obtain. This year, 12 students from my school got national merit, and my public school isnt even good. I have a friend who goes to a prep school and 25 people got national merit from his school
    · Reply · Share
  • peachsnapplepeachsnapple 451 replies38 postsRegistered User Member
    ^ I don't think it's "crap" but every asian in my grade is commended and most of them got rejected/deferred from yale
    I think it's a nice achievement, but it's definitely not unique or incredibly special
    Plus, National Merit Finalists aren't even announced until later in senior year anyway so at most, they could be semifinalists
    · Reply · Share
    Why couldn't GOD make me a quadruplet?????
    · Reply · Share
  • xrCalico23xrCalico23 4661 replies12 postsRegistered User Senior Member
    I'm sure you missed the fact that one was a National Merit Finalist which is a distinction that even most Asians at the Ivy League do not hold.

As much as I would like to agree with you that it's rude and unfair for anyone to "belittle the achievements of others", I have to argue that most Asians at Ivy League Schools, at least at Yale, must be National Merit Finalists or have extremely high SAT scores that are way above the NMS threshhold. National merit is not a very impressive achievement by itself.

I'm not saying that the quadruplets are not "impressive candidates" by any means; I'm just saying that you underestimate the achievements of ORMs who are either rejected or deferred by Yale;)
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity